Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. michael_gatto

Trusted

I actually really enjoyed Gretel & Hansel, it had its problems but I think it's a neat take on that story. And agreed with what was said above it's absolutely gorgeous.

Also work has been hell this week so I'm going to work on my blurbs as well today after I revisit my picks.

2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

what is this Bad Hair movie lol

3. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

finally a thread for good movies

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

it's good. cinematography and camerawork are breathtakingly great, story is whatever. not particularly scary but somewhat unsettling

estebanwaseaten and 333 GANG like this.
  5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Got my blurb done for Jennifer's Body. All it did was made me way to rewatch it again for the third time in a week.

In honor of Vincent Price, I am doing a double feature of Masque of the Red Death and House on Haunted Hill.

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watching the new Witches tonight. The original scared me as a kid. Here's hoping Anne can schlock it up for this one.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the write-ups so far!

Its so odd that all of these films are really just on Amazon.

8. 333 GANG

ACAB

Gretel & Hansel was decent. The pacing left quite a bit to be desired, but the cinematography was gorgeous.

estebanwaseaten and Rowan5215 like this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

10. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

no saw the trailer though it looks good

riotspray likes this.
  11. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Tonight’s flick:

130EABC2-7E12-4D5F-B0A5-3FD41C746295.jpeg

SpyKi and adammmmm like this.
  12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I know nothing about this movie, only that everyone says it is fantastic. And I always get mixed up because I feel like there a bunch of movies with Possession in the title.

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  13. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Possession has been on my list for a minute

Contender likes this.
  14. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

if that's the one with Sam Neill, it's fucking incredible

only saw it once and I was thinking about it for weeks after. especially *that* scene

SpyKi likes this.
  15. Man, Psychos in Love was amazing. @OhTheWater The lead actor/writer and director teamed up for two more movies, Galactic Gigolo (which appears to be on Youtube) and Cemetery High (which appears to be on Tubi)

Not sure what to make of Limbo, other than the editing was truly disturbing and inspired me

OhTheWater likes this.
  16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Right??? Truly did not expect how charming it was, haha. Reminds me of Kevin Smith's earliest stuff before he got. too insufferable. So silly while also retaining some heart. I'm gonna watch "Disconnected" next, since that seems to be the next best reviewed film by the director (star is also in it but not as big of a part, I don't think). Cemetery High was chopped up by Full Moon pictures and the director kinda disowned it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Yeah, some of the jokes in particular (the wedding scene) really got me. Clerks-era Smith is actually a great comparison. Is Disconnected streaming anywhere? Good to know re: Cemetery High, but I also have a soft spot for Full Moon Pictures, so I might give it a go anyways haha

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wish Kevin Smith had another Red State.

Aaron Mook and 333 GANG like this.
  19. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

20. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Possession is probably my favourite horror film, just a wild experience.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tubi I believe

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man. Bathsheba had me fucked up. it’s a creepy character but so hard to take seriously with that goofy name. fucking Bathsheba lol

23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

you better chill before she sees this

riotspray likes this.
  24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Daniel likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

fuck