Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just hate movies where you have a shitty person lead who just becomes shittier. Like, what stance am I supposed to take? This guy is a fucking asshole who just gets worse. There is no sympathy. No hope for things to get better. There is just no investment. Just bleh.

2. Jbent

Trusted

Watched Possessor last night and thought it was great. Conceptually the film works well for me, maintaining the thematic elements of horror & sci-fi without abandoning one for the other. Interesting visuals and atmosphere throughout. I truly appreciate the explanatory route that is used here as well - minimal, if at all. Clearly, a bright future ahead for Brandon

3. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah Possessor was sick. The mask scene was so damn good.

Also watched The Cleansing Hour recently, super cheesy at times, but pretty fun.

Jbent likes this.
  4. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Decided to get into the spirit with Christmas Evil tonight.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Still too early for me. I like to start around the first of December. Christmas music more like mid-December ha

6. How was this? I love Silent Night, Deadly Night. Also, did you get around to Antebellum yet?

7. Kind of want to order the upcoming Loot Fright box. It's sci-fi horror - Alien, The X-Files, and The Fly. I just wish I could find a promo code or something because $30 is kinda steep when you don't know what you're getting.

Contender likes this.
  8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Interested in checking out The Exorcist doc on Shudder. Might throw that on this weekend. Otherwise I plan on doing the limited Thanksgiving horrors that I know about! Happy Friday all!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  9. Jbent

Trusted

Thought this was excellent as well! Lots of subtle layers within the story and characters. I felt this was multifaceted without being a strenuous or confusing watch, if that makes sense. I loved Rial too, absolute badass. Also refreshing to see the familiar haunted house angle wasn't set in your typical 18th century creepy mansion. Wife somehow didn't love this though

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  10. Watched Freddy vs. Jason last night. Still fun, a lot more solid than I remember. Jason on fire walking through a cornfield rules so much.

11. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

100% the best sequence in the movie

Anthony_Soprano and Aaron Mook like this.
  12. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Still haven't seen FvJ

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

yes please

Aaron Mook likes this.
  15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Perfect match

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Man pleaseeeee

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sounds like a perfect match

18. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

wow hell yeah

19. -deleted-

-

Fuck yes that’s a dream matchup.

20. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Wow

21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Anyone check out Freaky?

22. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

it is the most early 2000’s movie ever haha

Aaron Mook and airik625 like this.
  23. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Just got done cohosting an Elm Street 5 watch-along with Lisa Wilcox...would anyone in here be interested in joining us for the next event? Not sure when or who it’ll be but they’re always a blast!

24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Continuing the holiday themed movies with Jack Frost

Anthony_Soprano and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious