Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

damn I adore Freddy's design in New Nightmare, he looks genuinely disturbing. love that whole movie though

also just watched Possessor, it slapped. that fucking ending

2. Rowan5215

just watched Dark and the Wicked, really enjoyed but the ending was a huge whiff

3. -deleted-

-

Yeah, New Nightmare was the only time where Freddy was actually somewhat scary to me. Loved the look in that one. Feel like the film would be extremely well received if it were done now.

Jusscali likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

His House was really really good.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  5. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

New Nightmare’s always felt like a made-for-television movie to me, I don’t know why but even watching it a couple weeks back I had the same reaction. I actually said that to Howard and he laughed & told me I might be onto something lol. I’ve always hated the Freddy look, however, and Howard also said it’s not his favorite - that he’s too waxy looking and the leather pants bit is definitely a product of its time lol.

Tonight I’m participating in a watch along for Friday the 13 Part VI with director Tom McLoughlin & Tom Fridley (who plays Cort, also happens to be John Travolta’s nephew so I’m definitely gonna be asking about that lmao). Gonna be another fun one!

imthesheriff likes this.
  6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Tonight is Antebellum and Lingering tonight for me.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. Yeah it was more so the wardrobe re: New Nightmare that really got me. The coat is a weird touch lol.

Scream Factory shipment came in, so I'm trying to execute two triple features this weekend, John Carpenter (They Live/The Thing/The Fog) and Dario Argento (Inferno/Tenebrae/Phenomena).

8. Excited to hear your thoughts on Antebellum! I know it's been really hit or miss for folks, but now that it's only $5.99, I've been meaning to rent it as well.

Contender likes this.
  9. Contender

I impulsively bought it while at Walmart last night. I never do that lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Lol I did this all October, I have too many blu-rays for my current shelf situation so I had to stop myself from taking a chance on Gretel & Hansel for $10

Contender likes this.
  11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Ended up taking today off and just watched God Told Me To. Larry Cohen movies are such a treat.

12. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

its for the best that you didn’t get that. $10 saved.

jkauf likes this.
  13. Full Effect Ed

Dude Tom McLoughlin LOVES talking about Friday 6 hahaha

57B655E3-0A81-4565-8D73-0CA9D3B96AA3.jpeg

estebanwaseaten and Contender like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just watched Alone from this year. Really good survival type film

15. Can't wait. Really dug S1.

Mason and imthesheriff like this.
  16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

show rips

imthesheriff likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

ended up watching two witchy films tonight, not even deliberately. The Wretched was solid enough if pretty pedestrian. the third-act twist elevated it a bit, but honestly I liked the weird teen comedy a lot more than the horror haha

His House on the other hand is one of the best films I've seen this year and one of the best debuts I've seen in... longer than I can clearly remember. absolutely incredible film

Jbent and Night Channels like this.
  18. Contender

The first Urban Legends movie still holds up. I love this cast.

David87 and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  19. -deleted-

-

Lol at a time when Jared Leto was considered a potentially great, up and coming actor and not an insane narcissistic abuser. Forgot he was in that until I just googled.

mad likes this.
  20. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

hot take: the sequel is even better

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  21. Full Effect Ed

Urban Legends: Final Cut’s one of the top 3 worst films I’ve seen in the last 20 years

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  22. -deleted-

-

last time I saw it I remember my eyes rolling really hard at the cheesy “twin brother” trope.

23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Gonna do his house sometime today

estebanwaseaten and Henry like this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The Final Chapter is great. Crispin Glover is great.

imthesheriff likes this.