Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 15

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watched half of The Dark and the Wicked last night. Very spooky.

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Thought One Cut of the Dead was rad.

3. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Idk if it counts as a horror movie but I just watched first reformed again and that movie scares the shit out of me lol

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

The Child’s Play remake is definitely a dope remake. It Chapter Two was my most hated film of last year, that movie is the worst IMHO

airik625, imthesheriff and jkauf like this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Watched knock knock. It's not often I feel like a bad movie has legit brought down my quality of life, but here we are.

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

It’ll never not blow my mind that It II was made by the same people that made the first one.

7. 333 GANG

ACAB

I still mostly enjoyed Chapter Two (again, obviously biased lol), but I do think it needed to be trimmed down like 30-40 minutes.

8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I’m a Chapter 2 fan. Also heavily agree a solid chunk could have been lopped off with the sharpest blade.

333 GANG likes this.
  9. 333 GANG

ACAB

The final battle definitely overstayed its welcome

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, so The Dark and the Wicked should be on everyone's radar. Definitely some good spooks.

11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Clear pacing issues throughout the movie, but it was enjoyable for what it was. I like Aaron's comparison to a Marvel movie.

Aaron Mook and chewbacca110 like this.
  12. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The pacing, and editing in the first half was so bad. It took me out of it. Part 1 is fun.

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Is this streaming anywhere yet? Or VOD? I remember seeing a trailer for it awhile back I believe.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

looks like VOD via amazon. I just downloaded it.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  15. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Henry likes this.
  16. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah IT chapter 2 was terrible. I almost walked out of the theater.

Night Channels likes this.
  17. michael_gatto

Trusted

They aren't totally horror movies but I'm rewatching the Underworld movies with my wife who's never seen them before. The first two are still a lot of fun.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. I didn't totally hate Chapter Two, mostly enjoyed the cast, just felt the length and how uneven it was. Basically the same problem I had with the first film.

333 GANG likes this.
  19. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

2 hours of It Chapter 2 or just the main cast splitting up and getting spooked by pennywise with literally no consequence or point to the plot and it is a slog

Contender likes this.
  20. Mason

Regular

Rented Possessor last night. No surprise that it was great! Not really horror but I can see how it could fit. My next movie (prob won't have time until next weekend) is The Dark and the Wicked. Keep hearing great things about it.

estebanwaseaten and Henry like this.
  21. The Dark and The Wicked doesn't necessarily look like my type of horror, but I'm sure I'll catch it at some point. Going to try Antebellum soon now that it's only $5.99 to rent.

22. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

I signed up for a free month of Shudder to finally watch season 2 of Holliston by Adam Green and Joe Lynch and MAN did I forget how...cringe this can be...the acting is so tough to watch haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Yeah, I watched one episode and as much as I wanted to like it -- the concept of a horror sitcom rules -- the level of douchiness made it almost unwatchable lol. Like the Big Bang Theory for horror bros.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  24. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

That is a perfect analogy. Bing Bang for horror bros...

I like those guys, but man this ain't it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

i thought i was the only person who liked cry_wolf lol

lettersandnumbers likes this.