Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Holophonics Cover Jimmy Eat World

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

AshlandATeam likes this.
  2. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Well. I listened to Lucky Denver Mint and it was pretty much amazing. I guess I should give the whole record a listen.

If this is good, is that a testament to just how awesome JEW is? That what's probably their third or fourth best album can be transcribed into this style and it's still great?

youwontknow likes this.
  3. youwontknow

If I smile with my teeth, bet you'd believe me

Clarity Ska Cover Album: what a time to be alive.

4. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

This is actually way better than I expected. They did an awesome job. I wish the sound quality was a little better but regardless its a really solid listen.

5. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

so I just caught a glimpse of the article title and I THOUGHT it said the word "Homophobic" and then i saw Jimmy Eat World and my heart sank. Thank goodness I read it wrong

this cover is pretty damn good

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  6. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

If you like this, check out their Stay What You Are cover album. It's phenomenal.

7. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

I'm two songs in and I'm all in. This is great.

8. It's by far my favorite JEW album. Futures follows closely, then Bleed American, but after that they all kinda blend together in a "Yup, This Sounds Like Jimmy Eat World"(TM) soup (which is still great, of course)

9. Jared Luttrell

Regular

Awesome idea. Would love to see a different take on other JEW albums.

10. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Wow, that is really good. I think I might have to buy this whole catalog.

11. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

This is really good.

12. kelseyleigh

Trusted Supporter

This is exactly what I needed to listen to this afternoon. Great recommendation.

13. Roadsgeek

I've just noticed the closer is called Goodbye Ska Harbor. That is brilliant.

AshlandATeam likes this.
  14. Selkies

That guy looks familiar

I'm glad you guys dug it! The original SWYA is one of my favorites of all time. The cover album is on the same level imo.