Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hold Steady Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by kpatrickwood, Apr 10, 2016.

1. kpatrickwood Apr 10, 2016
    (Last edited: May 5, 2016)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Hey Chorus.fm,

I noticed you don't have a Hold Steady thread. Well, I'm gonna try my hardest to start one up for you guys.

Let us begin this thread as we begin all good things: with a Positive Jam.

Update 5/5/16

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I heard the dudes blamed the chick, I heard the chick blamed the snake. And I heard they were naked when they got busted. I heard things aint been the same since.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  3. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

It's always so creative when you're hangin' out with our creator.

4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Legends. Craigs solo album last year was pretty great too. Hope THS comes back.

5. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I think they will some time next year. Saw Craig open for Titus Andronicus a month ago and he was fucking incredible. New songs were amazing live, and he played a Lifter Puller song so that was thrilling as well.

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Boys and Girls in America is one of my go-to summer albums. Can't wait to give that one the inaugural 2016 spin when it finally stops being winter in Michigan.

7. "Constructive Summer" is one of my favorite songs, but I think Boys and Girls In America and Heaven Is Whenever are neck and neck as their best albums.

8. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Picking a favorite record of theirs is stressful for me. While Stay Positive has two of my favorite songs of all time ("Constructive Summer" and "Lord, I'm Discouraged"), I have to go with Almost Killed Me. Top to bottom there just isn't a weak moment in it. I can say the same for Separation Sunday, but I haven't seen that one played from front to back live so Almost Killed Me wins.

9. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Looks like Craig is already working on the next solo record. Nice.

10. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Band has been teasing a Boys and Girls in America 10 year tour real hard for the last week or so.

[​IMG]

Turkeylegz and Craig Manning like this.
  11. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

That would be amazing. I haven't seen them since the Heaven is Whenever tour . . . Every summer for the past few years, I've hoped for a Hold Steady tour to come near me, and it hasn't happened. Maybe this year will be the one.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  12. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

FRANZ IS BACK

13. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

kpatrickwood likes this.
  14. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Damn. Awesome.

kpatrickwood likes this.
  15. kpatrickwood May 4, 2016
    (Last edited: May 4, 2016)
    kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Still guessing this is for a BAGIA tour, and I'm happy with just that. But if he sticks around for another record... holy shit.

16. f00te

tell it like a comeback story Prestigious

I was waiting patiently all day for the "together" post and hoping for Franz to show up.

A new album would be incredible

17. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'll take what I can get, this is amazing!

18. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Probably getting ahead of myself here, but Selvidge just retweeted this. Good sign.

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

THANK GOD that rules

20. mouood

ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe? Prestigious

There's a picture of Franz on the official Hold Steady twitter/facebook, completing "Boys and Girls in America have such a sad time together."

21. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Yeah that's posted above amigo. Now I'm just kinda getting into speculation mode as to whether it's just for a BAGIA tour or if it's an official full time thing.

22. mouood

ever seen a guy say goodbye to a shoe? Prestigious

Well son of a bitch, I'm dumb.

I would think it's just for a BAGIA tour, as the music has basically eliminated piano completely in favor of more guitars. Especially the last record.

23. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Nah no worries, I've done that many times. So fucking excited over here.

24. alexjlow

Regular

I literally LOVE every single one of this bands records and couldn't get into 'Teeth Dreams' at all. I think should revisit sometime though and see if something clicks.

What did everyone else think of that record compared to the rest of their discography?

25. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

One of the best concerts I've ever been to, hands down.

Their last two records were a step down (although still enjoyable), but Almost Killed Me through Stay Positive is a perfect run of albums. Stoked that Franz is back.

kpatrickwood likes this.