Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hold Steady – “You Did Good Kid”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

So happy to have these guys back cranking out quality tunes. Not sure they will recapture the glory days but this track is really strong. Also, God in Chicago shows Craig still definitely has some all-timers in him.

One negative is that we have now heard 7 (!!) of the album's songs already

3. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

I haven't been able to get into most of his solo albums, but "We All Want the Same Things" is a masterpiece.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

I really dig a few tracks off the new one, especially Grant at Galena (which features the titular lyric)

fredwordsmith likes this.
  5. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

"We All Want The Same Things" is the definitive Finn solo record, and maybe one of the best of this decade, by anyone, in any genre. It's criminally underrated and I wish he'd gotten a Grammy nomination for it, just so more people would hear it.

It is so good that I honestly viewed the new one as a bit of a disappointment, but it's a very worthy follow-up, if a bit more subdued. Grant at Galena, Blankets, Bathtub in the Kitchen and Something to Hope For are all terrific.

Steeeve Perry likes this.