Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Whaaaaat!?

2. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Michiel Huisman has been one my top 5 guys for awhile. And who doesn't recognize Henry Thomas? My only complaint is that the blue contacts were distracting.

Raku likes this.
  3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

You just shattered my entire universe

Matt likes this.
  4. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Seriously, those things were terrible and it took me out of every scene I noticed them in.

I liked the season as a whole and it has way more ups than downs but that ending was such a wet noodle that I can't fully recommend it.

5. Enjoyed this overall. I could understand wanting something more thrilling or crazy from the ending, but it seemed completely in line with the arc of the show to me.

6. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Exactly.

Raku likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Not reading a single post but I just started this and I am HORRIFIED by so much of it. I can’t do dead animals so that cat plot was truly one of the scariest things I’ve seen in a loooooong time.

Really loving the Six Feet Under thing they’ve got going along with the classic haunted house aesthetic and Stephen King “writer who uses his childhood trauma for fame” story.

I’m definitely super worried about everyone and everything.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

my brother started watching this with my other sibling, and he said it wasn't scary at all.

after watching Nell and Luke's episodes he was too afraid to go to the bathroom lol.

Raku likes this.
  9. I didn't really find anything scary about this, personally. Still very good though

cryates likes this.
  10. Shit is scary for me. Three episodes in and they'v gotten me a few times now lol.

Raku likes this.
  11. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

The jump scare in the car didn't get you?

Raku likes this.
  12. When I say scary I mean things that stick with me.

Bent neck lady reveal is what I think of the most. I really liked that.

Raku likes this.
  13. flask

Trusted Supporter

This is pretty much flawless horror in my eyes. So much sorrow and despair lingering with well placed jumps throughout.

Raku, stayillogical, mad and 2 others like this.
  14. zmtr

Trusted

Episode 5 and 6 are so insanely good. I get chills just thinking about Nells story. God damn. Time for 7.

SpyKi, Raku and ChaseTx like this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, a couple cheesy bits in that final episode, but I loved this beginning to end. Really important and touching piece of art to me actually and maybe one of my all-time favorite seasons of anything. Can’t wait to revisit it down the road.

16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Still not reading anything but is the bent neck lady just Nell when she died? Just saw her in the beginning of episode five and it really looks like her. Will love if that’s the case.

Also I’m assuming each of the kids kind of correspond to a sensitivity to the five senses but I’m not sure exactly how yet. Seems like we have some clear hints toward that being the case at least.

So far the only thing I haven’t liked is that the Six Feet Under comparison got a little too on the nose when they did the “traumatized kid doesn’t want to see dead parent but becomes a funeral director after realizing how much they can fix them” story.

Raku likes this.
  17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Also justice for Arthur for real.

Raku likes this.
  18. zmtr

Trusted

This show is deeply affecting. I watched ep 9 right before bed and had sad nightmares all night long. All of the imagery in my dreams were definitely influenced by stuff in the show. I think that's the first time anything horror related gave me bad dreams.

sp0o0o0o0ky

Raku likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

IT’S TOO GOOD HEEELLLLPPP. I’m so in love.

Raku and zmtr like this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It hurts my heart in a big way.

Raku likes this.
  21. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

You finish?

Raku likes this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

No, I’m in the middle of 9. Definitely finishing it right now.

Raku and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m done now!

Glad I didn’t read any of this before I finished. Not even for spoilers but boy is it a downer about the ending. Lol. I might have changed a few things about it but overall I thought it was really beautiful and tied the cyclical nature of everything together well. I’m definitely a sucker for anything wibbly wobbly/jeremy bearimy though so that may be part of it.

Episode 6 was by far my favorite. Almost felt like watching a play and it was incredible.

SpyKi, Raku, Brother Beck and 2 others like this.
  24. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

Yeah the direction in episode 6 needs an award. Unreal long takes.

Raku, ChaseTx, zmtr and 1 other person like this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

I honestly loved the ending. The last 25 minutes of the episode were so sad yet so, so beautiful.

And the Dudley’s!! :(

What a show man. What a fucking show.

SpyKi, Raku and Garrett like this.