Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

idk how i missed all that lol, thanks

Raku likes this.
  2. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Am I the only one that didn’t really like the first episode? I mean, I’ll keep watching, but I thought it was pretty bad.

yung_ting likes this.
  3. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i was also super unimpressed with episode one but it gets sooooo good

Raku likes this.
  4. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Ep 1 was pretty cool. The scene where the widow talks about her husband I was itching the whole time that something was going to happen.

Raku and teebs41 like this.
  5. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

The super long takes in episode 6 are incredible.

SpyKi, slimfenix182, Raku and 8 others like this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This show is p good thus far.

Raku likes this.
  7. 5 episodes in and disappointed at how not scary this is. Very good though.

8. drewinseries

Drew

It's more spooky overall, with some scary moments. The show is way less about the scares to me and more about the fallout of living in Hill House.

SpyKi, Raku and BackyardHero11 like this.
  9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Raku and jkauf like this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away

Just started binging this last night and excited to keep going. Someone mentioned the score being used sparingly and I agree that it’s made for an overall much better and tense watch.

Raku likes this.
  11. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finished.

Very surprised how emotional the ending was, and was glad there was no “final” confrontation that most ghost/supernatural movies go for. Ie a fight with the ghosts, or everyone attacking the house etc.

SpyKi, slimfenix182, Raku and 3 others like this.
  12. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

See to me it wasnt about not having a huge "fight scene" and I think the twist is quite fantastic... but the 7th heaven ending was over the top in the other direction. The entire season was built on not showing us the end until the end happens...and to me the build didnt justify the ending. Especially when the final few episodes simply repeated the same themes the first episodes did.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah, I enjoyed the ending, but I did expect things to get a little crazier when everyone was back in the house. Hoping to start a rewatch soon and catch all those hidden ghosties.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. drewinseries

Drew

Also probably shouldn't need to be said but everyone should read the book if they haven't. Essentially has nothing to do with the show.

teebs41 likes this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

Just finished episode 4. This keeps getting better and better. It’s creepier than most horror movies I’ve ever seen. The tall creepy floaty man in episode 4 was chilling. Holy hell.

Raku and teebs41 like this.
  16. Kuri44

I went in with zero expectations, and was feeling a bit burnt out from my horror movie marathon that I almost decided to pass on this. But holy shit this was great from beginning to end. Hope they don't make a season 2.

I also love/found it funny how many times they show Carla Gugino smiling with watery eyes. That's like her Blue Steel for every role.

17. drewinseries

Drew

Before you start to see the mother's descent I loved how she always looked glowing to the kids in the first few episodes. Like they viewed her as a beacon of love, and light, without really knowing what happened.

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Carla Gugino has the perfect eyes for horror, so big and orb like

drewinseries and Kuri44 like this.
  19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

perfect eyes for spy kids, too

Raku and Dog with a Blog like this.
  20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

zigbigwig and mad like this.
  21. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

agreed and relieved to hear him say that the Crain family story is done because with that ending...welll yeah, that's it. It's concluded. If you want to play around with different families and timelines and what not, that could be fun.

zigbigwig and BackyardHero11 like this.
  22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just started this and I’m not reading the thread until I’m done but that ending to the first episode got me goosebumpin, bois

Raku and Matt like this.
  23. Last 10 minutes and the closing monologue were super cheesy but over all this was pretty great.

24. Also did not realize Steve is darrio from GOT

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Wait until you find out the flashback father is Elliot from ET