Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. drewinseries

Drew

Just finished EP 4, I think the way the timelines are presented are really, really great. My heart aches for the twins. I also loved the way we understood Shirley more in episode 2 with her mom/the cats.

Raku likes this.
  2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

thanks for being spoiler friendly in here y’all, enjoying seeing the reactions to each ep. just watched 5 and 6 last night, and while 5 was fantastic, 6 may have been just as good and perhaps my favorite episode yet. a whole lot to praise there

Raku and Matt like this.
  3. Shrek

what i considered to be a glaring difference between the father in the past versus present day dissolved entirely in episode 6, a great performance from Hutton throughout and really inspired casting

Raku and Vivatoto like this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Goddamn that jump scare in Episode 8 got me good, probably best one I’ve seen in awhile.

5. Shrek

the one in the car? that fucking killed us

gonna make stiff drinks and get through 9 and 10 tonight

Raku and jkauf like this.
  6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Haha, yeah — I had to immediately rewind it.

Raku likes this.
  7. drewinseries

Drew

I was watching on an iPad in bed with headphones, it was probably the worst jump scare i've experienced. Woke up my fiance lol.

Raku, mike1885 and jkauf like this.
  8. drewinseries

Drew

I didn't mind the ending. I kind of expected things to get a little crazier, but the idea of keeping the house "alive" to keep the spirits inside is hauntingly beautiful, especially the Abigail story line. The only thing that I think is odd is differentiating between the malicious spirits and the non ones.

Raku, jkauf, Shrek and 1 other person like this.
  9. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I didn't expect things to get crazy in the final episode given the pacing of the show, it would have felt out of place to me, like the final shot of A Quiet Place. So I thought the ending was beautiful as well.

10. Shrek

yeah, very surprised at the negativity surrounding the ending after having watched it myself. thought it was pretty damn good.

SpyKi, Jason Tate, Raku and 2 others like this.
  11. Just finished. So great.

12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

I watched this all today and loved it. It was way sadder than I was expecting. The Gregory Alan Isakov song in the last episode got me good.

13. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Finally, some positive reactions. The vibe of this thread was killing me.

Raku, EASheartsVinyl, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

This was everything I wanted in a horror series
    Can’t wait to watch it again

Raku, EASheartsVinyl, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I finally feel free to admit that I enjoyed the ending as well

16. Shrek

EntryLevelDave, Raku, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  17. mad

I was right. Prestigious

best moments:
    - Stevie getting the phone call from dad that Nellie is dead while he’s staring at her in his living room
    - the ending of the bent neck lady episode. that’s gonna stick with me for a while
    - the beginning of the last episode when Steve’s happy future is revealed to be a dream
    - the truth about the red room

18. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Rewatched 1-5 with some friends who stayed over the weekend. This is def a good show to rewatch. And seeing people’s reactions is so fun.

Raku and teebs41 like this.
  19. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

im torn. I want Flanagan to revisit Hill House and do a second season, but I also want him to make another horror mini series.

Raku, bradsonemanband and Shrek like this.
  20. Shrek

as long as it doesn’t involve the Crains, im all for it. he mentioned in one of the interviews that they have shot or were at least scheduled to shoot hours of footage of the construction and origins of Hill House and stories of the less prominent ghosts but they had to cut it. would love to see that stuff

21. drewinseries

Drew

I'd love a series on the Hill family.

Raku, xapplexpiex and Shrek like this.
  22. drewinseries

Drew

Some of the non linear events they introduce could also be fun to bring some things full circle.

Raku likes this.
  23. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I was hoping we’d learn about the Hills so I’m definitely down for a series on them

Raku, Shrek and waking season like this.
  24. Shrek

i wanted more info on the body that entombed itself in the basement. obviously was meant to be mostly symbolic but if there was more story to that i missed it.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

There was more to the story.

The tall man is him. Shirley is told the story in the final episode before she wakes up.

Basically he has these two sisters that won’t stop harassing him so he builds this giant wall, the sisters get into the wall (bc I think they are ghosts) so he tries to escape but can’t. He feels very small inside the walls and when he wakes he’s a very tall man.

Raku, waking season and Shrek like this.