Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm from Providence, which is not that far, and I've always pronounced the "h" in Amherst. Woops. Makes sense. I don't pronounce the "h" in Needham or Dedham. All these darn English names. Try pronouncing all the Native-American named Rhode Island places, my favorite beach is called Misquamicut!

Raku, mike1885 and Matt like this.
  2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Hell yeah im always at Misquamicut

stayillogical likes this.
  3. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

Haha, same. I grew up just north of Boston and now live in Providence and have always pronounced the 'h'. I've heard it both ways though.

Raku likes this.
  4. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

haha yeah in hindsight we should've seen it coming. that was so fun.

Raku likes this.
  5. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

I want to go back to a time before I saw the last two episodes. Those were good times. I had so much positive things to say back then. Words like "clever", "chilling", "great characters"... were gonna be said.

But those were different times.

Connor, supernovagirl and zigbigwig like this.
  6. transrebel59

Regular

What didn't you like about them?

Raku likes this.
  7. zigbigwig

One thing that amused me a lot was Nelly turning into a ghost and suddenly everything she says as a ghost are so cryptic. I chuckled everytime she said “the rest is confetti” I’m going to use that line everywhere.

Raku and supernovagirl like this.
  8. Matt

I can understand not liking the end of the finale, but what was wrong with episode 9 and most of episode 10?

Raku likes this.
  9. domotime2

Well for me it was around episode 8 where I felt the show was getting on the repetitive side. The same issues coming up again and again...after seeing 5 point of views of the same events, you get to the point of "okay I get it I get it"

But I thought no big deal cause the ending and finale is gonna be worth it and frankly it wasnt. Was it bad? I guess not. Just a super let down.

And then once the end let me down, I started to harp on other things that i got annoyed about once i realized they weren't addressed or whatever.

10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Wowwwwww you guys weren’t kidding about the botched ending haha.

Connor likes this.
  11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i just keep going back to the cake scene with luke, the corniest cliche shit

domotime2 and zigbigwig like this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished episode 5 holy

chewbacca110 and Raku like this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

should i even bother starting this?

14. Matt

yes

a few people didn't like the ending but overall its very good.

Raku and riotspray like this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

thanks

16. zigbigwig

i'm one of those people who didn't like the ending (meaning the last episode), but I'd still highly recommend it. The other episodes are really, really good.

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

good to know. I'll check it out soon.

Raku likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

I'm from Newton, and went to a show in Western Mass, and said Amherst with the h pronounced and immediately people were like, you're from Boston area aren't you. They don't pronounce the h it seems.

stayillogical likes this.
  19. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

100% worth watching, and maybe you'll like the ending, even, ha

Raku likes this.
  20. domotime2

Dont even question it. First 7 episodes or so (this isnt a set episode or anything... just the ending makes the lagging issues towards the end a bit more jarring)... are amazing. Great scares. Great build. Good studd

21. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Yeah, I'd still highly recommend it even with the lousy ending.

22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

i gotta rewatch this this weekend

Raku likes this.
  23. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

I'm glad the show didn't really answer big questions. That would be boring. I like leaving it open to theories.

Raku likes this.
  24. domotime2

I'm also trying to determine if there were any characters that I loved. The kids were all rad and adorable...and I think I liked glove sister... but in terms of huge standouts...idk?

25. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Absolutely loved the first 9 episodes and was thinking it was maybe the best effort we’ve seen in awhile for television horror. Still great but that ending is a real big shame. Also someone should have edited maybe one or two of those last episode monologues.

I am willing to admit I might like the ending eventually though, when I don’t have such high expectations.

Raku likes this.