Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 20

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

It reminded me of "that" episode in the second season of Stranger Things, except this was more of an info dump

Zilla, Anthony_Soprano and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Moved onto Hill House now and fuck this is way scarier lol

chewbacca110 and theagentcoma like this.
  3. marissalg

Trusted

yeah I blew through 8 episodes of bly in a day but I’m rewatching hill house and can’t do more than two episodes a day. it’s just so heartbreaking and also I found it pretty scary as someone who doesn’t watch a lot of scary things.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

We got through the first two and my God that last shot in the morgue in episode 2 and the light on the model house flickering.. yikes.

5. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Been listening to the Bly Manor score today. I really love the Newton Brothers

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. Lucas27

Trusted

Not watched Bly Manor yet, but finally got around to Hill House. So late. Thoughts:

1. First of all, loved it. Oh my goodness. Having just moved away from my family where we're all dealing with collective trauma surrounding my mom's illness, it hits hard.

2. Nell's character was my favorite. Victoria Pedretti's performance totally caught me off guard. Amazing. I also really resonated with her as the youngest in my family.

3. It's been said, but Episodes 5 & 6 really are some of the best television I've ever seen. Definitely the crown jewels of this series. Episode 9 was a terrific penultimate episode too and I love how they built the father and mother as mysterious, almost peripheral characters before putting them front and center.

4. The ending was wonderful and emotional. If I want despair in my dysfunctional family horror drama, I'll watch Hereditary for the umpteenth time. But I don't exactly need that right now. The ending to this gave me hope in relation to some of my own family wounds and I imagine a lot of people feel that way. I had to call my brother when I finished.

5. "I was right here the whole time. None of you could see me." That line over the shot of Nell standing in front of the coffin before Episode 6 ends. Favorite moment of the season. Can't get it out of my head. I think what I love most about the show is how the horror isn't just a backdrop for the emotion and drama, but a vehicle for it. Images are horrifying and sad and moving all at once. Even THE jump scare (which might be the best jump scare of all-time) is a catalyst for one of the main character's most transformative moments and the best monologue in a show full of them.

I had the same thoughts about how the ending of Relic merged horror and emotion. It's one of my favorite endings to any horror movie even if the rest of the movie is simply solid.

7. I rewatched Bly yesterday and today. It was quite a different experience, not being caught up in the mystery of it all, the love story elements resonated more strongly this time.

Brother Beck and RyanPm40 like this.
  8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the ending is honestly incredible

9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Brother Beck likes this.
  10. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

I think they’re teasing Mike Flannigans new series Midnight Mass. Has a few of the same actors from Bly Manor.

12. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

oh niiiiiiiccceeee

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

chewbacca110 likes this.
  14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Flanagan is the absolute best at making people have spooky eyes.

15. drewinseries

Drew

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. Just finished episode 5 of Hill House rewatch, ahh I love/hate this episode so much

SpyKi and flask like this.
  17. Hill House episode 9. I remember being so terrified of the house and its ghosts the first time I watched this, but now, focusing on Liv, I find it's so heartbreaking.

chewbacca110 and SteveLikesMusic like this.
  18. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

the Haunting of Hill House house at Halloween Horror Nights ruled

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I did the 6 house behind-the-scenes tour and it was one of the houses on the tour. So many things I didn't notice until the tour guide pointed them all out. The house when you first walked in, did you notice the two ghosts in the top right? The front porch light blinks 3 times (a signal it was time for the kids to come inside). Showed how some effects work like the bent neck lady. And how the tall man gets bigger as you walk through the house.

20. wait there's a what now? is it with scares or is it a tour? I'm not really interested in jump scares

21. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's a day time tour with all the lights on, no scare actors. The tour guide knew so much it was insane. The tour was like 5 hours long.

22. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

They make you go through the houses so quickly that there's a lot I missed, which would be my biggest critique of HHN in general. I'll have to watch some walkthroughs on Youtube to see everything.

I did have an encounter with the tall man towards the end that startled me lol.

23. That sounds awesome! But I think it's only in Orlando unfortunately for me

24. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The one at the very end made me yell audibly loud. My friend was dying. Another cool thing was the sounds in the first room too. They have it all on timers so first you'll hear kids playing from a speaker pointed in a specific direction first, then you'll hear a car from the other side, and one more sound plays that I forget.

Oh, and then the room that's pitch black. They use the same stuff they use in profession sound recording studios. When we walked through it on the door, your ears popped as if you were in a plane. So wild.

25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

It's hard to tell, but there's two of them up there. Obviously during the show its very dark in this room, so they have a light on top of both of them, and they go off at different times illuminating one at a time. So one walkthrough you might see the little boy, the other is the mom in a white dress.

[​IMG]

Matt likes this.