Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 19

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh so does the actor who plays the nanny play a different role in Hill House? Thought I saw previews with her in it

2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yup, different roles. a bunch of actors shared between the two shows

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah they share a lot of actors and crew, but the stories are entirely separate.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  4. RyanPm40

Does this get scarier as it goes on? It keeps feeling like they're building to something scary, and then just cuts to a new scene. I'm usually a big baby with scary stuff lol. Starting ep 3 now

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  5. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Not really lol. There might be one or two “scarier” moments but it’s mostly about building a creepy atmosphere.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  6. RyanPm40

Got it. Thanks! I'm enjoying it as someone who doesn't love being terrified, but my fiance is very let down so far lol. She thought she finally convinced me into seeing something scary with her since I usually refuse :crylaugh:. Is Hill House more of a traditional horror?

I guess the very end shot of episode 3 when Dani turns around gave me a good jump, though

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Neither of them are particularly traditional horror stories, which is a big part of why I love them.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  8. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This, but Hill House is more scare forward.

OotyPa and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

Hard for me to get past how incredibly bad the acting is, especially from the kids (sorry, kids), but the story is compelling enough to drive the engine. Doing episode 5 tonight.

10. Kids were great

11. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

kids were a+. wild.

12. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

wat

13. RyanPm40 Nov 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2020)
    RyanPm40

On episode 8, not super into this episode, but the show's been enjoyable so far. The show is a bit of a letdown, but some compelling story. I just wish it was less of a slow burn.

But the acting has been phenemonal. Victoria Pedretti is going places and I'm really happy for her. The kid's acting is great, even if "perfectly splendid" gets annoying after awhile though haha

mad likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

the child actors were perfectly splendid

15. Mort Michaels

Father, Son, and House of Gucci

I said what I said. Really, really bad acting all around.

16. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

thank you mort michaels

17. Rowan5215

imagine thinking, typing and posting that and not at any point taking a second to think to yourself "this is an atrocious take I have here"

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. RyanPm40

Yeah I just can't fathom thinking the acting itself is bad. These actors are really great at making me feel. Hannah and Owen's relationship feels so real and tragic. Dani's trauma is heartbreaking, as is Jamie's childhood story. And the kids.. they really make you feel so sorry for them, extremely likeable during the few times they can just be normal kids, while being convincingly creepy when possessed. Top notch acting all around

OotyPa and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. RyanPm40 Nov 1, 2020
    (Last edited: Nov 1, 2020)
    RyanPm40

Finished episode 8 and damn, Perdita did a full 180 in character. Seemed like such a sweet and loving person up until deciding to kill her sister.. Cheered Viola on in the attic. Arthur was being a good man for trying to keep his promise.

EDIT

DAMN Dani can REALLY survive a choking. The Lady in the Lake choked Peter, Perdita and the doctor to death within seconds, but Dani made it through the whole driveway and bedroom?

20. Rowan5215

that bothered me too lmao, Quint was dead within like 5 seconds of being grabbed, but Dani survived like 30 seconds of the same

Anthony_Soprano and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. RyanPm40

Well, the ending hit me in the feels. Damn.

Cameron and Anthony_Soprano like this.
  22. It just occurred to me, it's pretty cool that two of the three POC characters fell in love with each other rather than any of the white characters they were surrounded by.

Also I think it's important to note how significant it is that Rebecca didn't possess Flora and go along with Peter's plan. It's like one last moment of agency, one last act of rebellion from Peter's manipulations.

mad, Rowan5215 and RyanPm40 like this.
  23. -deleted-

-

I liked everything about this season except the explanation of the lady in the lake feeling a bit shoehorned in towards the end. Took me out of it near the climax. Felt like it was something that could’ve been better established piece by piece earlier on.

OotyPa, RyanPm40 and imthesheriff like this.
  24. RyanPm40

Agreed. I don't think we needed an entire episode devoted to it.

25. RyanPm40

Now just thinking of how heartbreaking it is how Jamie couldn't understand living with someone who is slowly losing themselves when speaking of Owen's mother, but then over time is willing to "feel for the both of" them even if Dani can no longer. She didn't understand that kind of love before.

mad, Anthony_Soprano and Rowan5215 like this.