Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix) TV Show • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by OhTheWater, Oct 9, 2018.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

There's been a LOT of theories and speculation solely based on the way they all look at each other in the final scene, and I love that.

Raku likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Listened to a podcast about this today got me thinking about it. One thing I note looking back on the earlier episodes is when the siblings (especially Steve and Shirl) are talking about how much of a burden all the others are (especially Luke and Nell), then you get to their respective episodes and see how badly they need their family's support only to get ignored and turned away. Bad feels

Raku likes this.
  3. marissalg

Trusted

What podcast was it? I have to travel this week and was looking for a good Hill House podcast.

Raku likes this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I know I'm late on this but Episode 6 is a fucking work of art

5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I don’t know why but I just can’t get into it. I’ve forced myself to watch 5 episodes but I find myself bored. Which is weird because I usually love stuff like this. Maybe I’m just burned out on shows.

6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I really enjoyed this

zmtr and Raku like this.
  7. This woulda been cliche as hell.

zmtr, Raku, OhTheWater and 2 others like this.
  8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Sorry I forgot to reply yesterday. It's called Behold An Electric Terror but it's behind a patreon paywall. If you like I can try to download and send it to you

Raku and marissalg like this.
  9. Dog with a Blog

Maybe. It wouldn’t even have to be that exactly, I just prefer something a little more ambiguous is all. It really just comes down to personal presence as I don’t feel the current ending is “bad” necessarily, but it’s definitely not what I look for in a horror story.

10. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Ending was cheesy feel good bullshit.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  11. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

For me the ending just didn't rly align with how sinister they built up the house to be. I mean there was def great suffering throughout the series so I guess the house was pretty sinister but with how devastating the entire series felt I guess I expected more for an ending. But I'm also glad there wasn't some big cliche battle as the end. Idk what I wanted but I was waiting for something and was just kinda like oh.

supernovagirl and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  12. Dog with a Blog

These are pretty much my thoughts exactly. Definitely didn’t hate the ending and was very glad there wasn’t some big showdown at the end. But it ended and I was like like, huh, okay. Doesn’t really detract from the entirety of the series though, imo. Worth a watch regardless.

13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I'm all for a happy ending it's just this particular one was weird as hell, the way they shunted Shirley Theo and Luke offscreen so Steven could have the big emotional scene with their dad was wack as shit, then they double down on this by giving him a ten minute monologue while Luke and Theo get like 10 seconds of resolution each... did they seriously not know which characters people were invested in the whole time? fuck Steven tbh

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I think the fact that he was focused on so much throughout the entire things shows that yes, they had no idea who the fan favorites would be.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  15. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Not really Hill House related but I watched ouija the other day (which had the same director and cast as this show).

It was pretty fun. I kept calling the protagonists Shirley and young Shirley even if they were mother and daughter in the movie and (obviously) had a different name haha.

Raku likes this.
  16. marissalg

Trusted

Ty that’s alright!

17. Dog with a Blog

These are p neat

ChaseTx and jkauf like this.
  18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Just watched this in 3 days. Loved it. The tension and spookiness was perfect I thought. The first episode was kind of a lot to take in but I don't think you could have handled the jumping around really any better. That car scare was one of the best jump scares ever. The ending definitely wasn't what I expected but I liked it, despite the things that can be questioned. And I want no part of that "they never got out of the red room" scenario lol

19. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Halfway through this, and my favorite character has been Nell. Can’t wait to see that actress in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” next year.

20. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

marissalg likes this.
  21. drewinseries

Drew

Interesting, excited for more.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Hope they don’t cop out on the ending again.

23. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I like this idea a lot. Much better than trying to force the first season into a second season.

jkauf likes this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

Is it still going to be called The Haunting of Hill House? I'm all for Shirley Jackson's work getting out there more, but if it's using other writer's work, I think that should be be known.

25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious