Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 86

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. flask

Trusted Supporter

How is hardcore so good but the album art so bad lately

swboyd likes this.
  2. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

it has a certain charm to it that reminds me of big dogs shirts and family guy memes.

3. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I think the font they use the same for the band Excel which is cool. A little cali crossover thrash nod. I feel like Illusion is also drawing inspiration from them as well.

4. flask

Trusted Supporter

The Nudie Mag demo is SO good. Been playing it on repeat in the car all day.

swboyd and williek311 like this.
  5. swboyd

ffo punk, hardcore, breakfast foods

riotspray likes this.
  6. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've been listening to Mindforce a lot recently. I previously probably would've picked Errorzone, but I think Excalibur might be my favorite release of 2018.

Anyone have any other recommendations for recent stuff in the same vein? Like Slayer-esque riffs with hardcore breakdowns?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. cherrywaves

Trusted

You might like the Dead Heat record people been talking about in here. They did a split with Mindforce.

I just gave it a listen and it absolutely whips. Plus I was psyched to hear the guest spot from the dude from Violation (another band you’d probably like, check out the album Devoured)

Montauk1222 and riotspray like this.
  8. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I was wondering who that was.

9. swboyd

New Fury LP coming out May 3rd.

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

*clears throat*

Failed Artwork

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Artwork is sick. So much better than all the PlayStation 1 video game ad artwork bands have been using.

swboyd likes this.
  12. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Well I’d rather have a third grade drawing level album cover than a random photograph of some person just like almost every Emo album.

13. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yes I’m about to overanazlye the artwork of a hardcore album but the way Fury morphs clearly into the name along with the Keith Haring-esque illustration is great. Calling it third grade level is dismissive imo. That’s some “I could have drawn that” bs.

riotspray likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It’s a joke. Lmao

15. flask

Trusted Supporter

Love the artwork so my praise for the artwork remains.

16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Are you dismissing my childhood with this post? The shame!

currytheword likes this.
  17. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ok finally getting around to this new Fury track and I dig. I hear some Quicksand in there. I liked Paramount fine enough but the 2017 Promo was awesome and this is great too

18. currytheword

Trusted

Ithaca has the best heavy album of the year so far.

Nate_Johnson and riotspray like this.
  19. Windowsdown

I hope the rest of Fury's LP doesn't sound like this. Paramount sounded like a modern Judge to me and I loved it. This is... another band.

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

WELP

21. swboyd

gdammit. i wish i didn't already have a family trip schedule the same weekend as the boston show.

22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I bought my Sound And Fury pass during the presale yesterday and wake up to this. Holy fucking shit

Jake W and riotspray like this.
  23. Windowsdown

Definitely going to Cologne to celebrate the five year anniversary of my edgebreak in front of Have Heart. It's crazy, they said they would never do this !

24. flask

Trusted Supporter

See you guys in LA.

25. currytheword

Trusted

HAVE HEART YES. Been wondering when this would happen.

I’m honestly amazed TIHC isn’t a part of the dates.