Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 84

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

cherrywaves likes this.
  2. flask

Trusted Supporter

Old show flyers are always a treat.

riotspray likes this.
  3. flask

Trusted Supporter

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The Judiciary record is a serious early contender for AOTY. It just straight rips from start to finish. Can't wait to see them on Saturday opening for Incendiary.

6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I never really listened to Integrity much because their back catalog was kind of daunting. I know that I should though. Where should I start?

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Systems Overload is really good and was in the early days of Victory before they became money hungry. Also, To Die For on Deathwish is a great record.

riotspray likes this.
  9. cherrywaves

Trusted

Systems Overload
    Those Who Fear Tomorrow
    Humanity Is The Devil

All great records. I remember being into Seasons as well, but can't remember much of it. Never listened to anything beyond that but I've always wanted to hear Integ2000 out of morbid curiosity

riotspray likes this.
  10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

No you don’t. It’s Dwid’s attempt at industrial and its most just meh. Psywarfare is pretty cool. Light years ahead with noise/wall of sound.

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Fair enough. Is Closure in the same vein?

12. cherrywaves

Trusted

New LP being recorded too, very hype

13. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

riotspray likes this.
  14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I have no idea why Heavy Chains is listed so high. Lol

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I don't know who Heavy Chains are but I know quite a lot of the bands below them lol

16. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

That plus Regulate drags down how absolutely killer the rest of the lineup is

Nate_Johnson and Jake W like this.
  18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Didn't even notice Regulate. I'll never understand why that guy is given a pass by so many people. I commented about it on an event when they were supposed to play here, because I wanted to see Candy at said show, and the promoter basically said, "you're not in the know, so you can't speak about this". Like the guy was outed as a rapist, I think people attending shows that he's playing deserve to know why that's "okay"?

riotspray likes this.
  19. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I think they released one ep and a demo. Neither of which are that good.

20. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm far from knowledgeable about the scene, but it seems like a lot of stuff gets glossed over by some people in the scene, particularly misogyny and violence. I'm sure I'm missing a lot about the history or hardcore, but it seems like a lot of people think violence and hardcore go hand in hand, and in my opinion that's not really true. I say all this despite asking for Integrity recommendations yesterday.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

My buddy got horribly beaten up by one of the straight edge crews at the Path of Resistance reunion. It almost seems like hardcore and violence go hand in hand with some bands which is very sad.

Although, it was a killer show.

A Perfect Murder
    Embrace Today
    Shockwave
    Path of Resistance

riotspray likes this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

It really sucks that you can't go to a show without worry you might get jumped. I'm sure the scene here is super tame compared to the North East... and I don't go to beatdown shows or to see bands that draw notoriously violent crowds, but it's getting to a point where even at more mainstream hxc shows, you can't stand anywhere near the stage or pit without fear of crowdkillers.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

This shit angers me to no end. It's music. It's meant to bring people together. Jesus.

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, the Northeast is pretty militant when it comes to straight edge, crews, etc.

25. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Speaking of Path of Resistance/Earth Crisis. Look at this picture of Karl from 1993:

riotspray likes this.