Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 80

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

I appreciate all the recs!

2. currytheword

Trusted

I didn’t love Outsider. Just didn’t feel as hard hitting or memorable. I feel like it received no attention and went under the radar too. That’s coming from somebody who loves Die Knowing and S+C. I’d welcome a new album sooner than 3 years post-Outsider definitely.

3. I'm on the opposite end. Didn't like Die Knowing but Outsider has become my second favourite album at this point. It's like a perfect mix of every other release.

4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

First release of the year from Stay Sick/Eulogy records. Not too bad if you like beat down hardcore.

5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

7. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I saw Terror and the John Joseph Cro Mags in a amphitheater last night. It was wild.

currytheword likes this.
  8. CochleaCocaine

Regular

A few jammable 2019 releases that I don't think have been posted. Really been digging one step closer too.

riotspray likes this.
  9. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

10. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Someone asked Joe (defeater) if the band was over on his Instagram and he said “nope.”

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Anyone dying for a new Defeater record though? I don't think I need another 12 songs of them calling someone a coward.

Also, is anyone participating in Axe To Grind's Mosh Madness on twitter?

kyle likes this.
  12. I haven’t really liked a defeater album in some time.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

swboyd likes this.
  14. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Jake W likes this.
  15. I'm ready for a new Defeater record if they finally change it up... which they'll have to as Jay isn't there anymore. Haven't liked anything since Empty Days.

16. himynameisdakota

Regular

I didn’t enjoy their last record as much as I wish I had but I’d be so down for some new Defeater. If anything maybe just a nice full US tour.

17. Jake W

How did I miss new Torso being released last week

yung_ting and swboyd like this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I have been visiting this album because of how they are playing it in full with the original lineup at that show. My god what a song!

CochleaCocaine likes this.
  19. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Hardcore from France ffo Birds In Row and Oathbreaker:

20. Jake W

[​IMG]

Defeater aren't dead

johnnyferris and CochleaCocaine like this.
  21. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Y'all hip to No Option? They played Baltimore last night and they were saying that people have never went off the way people were going off for them before. It was nuts. Never really danced at a show before and I've been going for years, I guess I still haven't, I was just doing some of that like side to side shit (idk what to call it) but I had never done any of that and it was a lot of fun. They are from Delaware but they are honorary Baltimore hardcore as far as everyone here is concerned.

FFO: Riffs, moshing
    MURDERTOWN, USA, by No Option

I was moshing (I guess that's what you'd call it) to my friends band, they are called Hellbent, the drummer is my boy. More like melodic hardcore but they are tight.

Regret Again, by Hellbent

22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Slam dancing?

currytheword likes this.
  23. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I don't think so, not like the flailing around. When there's people on both sides and a pit in the middle and you run from one side to the other and then turn your back and push when you make contact. Idk what to call it. Lots of fun tho.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah, I think that’s just called crowd moshing but the 2019 version.

Borat and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

Push mosh

Borat and Nate_Johnson like this.