Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 75

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Probably a long shot, but if anyone needs a ticket to the first night of the Power Trip 10th Anniversary shows (TONIGHT), hit me up.

Eternal Champion, Forward, Obstruction, Criaturas and Steel Bearing Hand will be performing.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  2. cherrywaves

Trusted

Is anyone seeing Candy on any of their upcoming dates? I have a favor to ask

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The Power Trip 10th Anniversary show was amazing.

Despite living in Dallas my whole life, I've somehow managed to miss Power Trip over and over again, so this was my first show. I assume they play killer shows all the time, but they definitely brought their A-game to the anniversary show. As did all the bands.

The crowd was INSANE the entire night. People stagediving non-stop. Human pyramids. Giant circle pits. Hardcore dancing. Drinks flying through the air. I've probably been to close to 500 shows and the only crowd that compared was Every Time I Die in a 400 cap room where people were literally swinging from the chandeliers.

Unfortunately my phone died right when Cold War took the stage, but here are a few pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

I heard it was great. Iron Age rules.

cherrywaves and Nate_Johnson like this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Iron Age was awesome. I can't get over how good all the bands were, really. It was truly a memorable night. Hope those bands continue to play shows because I'd love to see all of them again.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. williek311

What was the Ceremony set like? Did they mainly play old stuff for the crowd? Their Power Trip homage shirt was cool.

riotspray likes this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I wish I had bought that shirt!

I'm not extremely familiar with their material, but from what I could tell, they mixed it up pretty well.

The set started a little slower and built as it went on. Like I said, I don't really know their stuff, but it started more post-punk "The Cure" sounding, and eventually turned into more hardcore/fast punk stuff.

I loved the set from start to finish. They put on the most energetic show of the night by far (and that's not to throw shade at any of the other bands in the slightest)

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Cure sounding material is their most recent music but their older stuff is fast and brutal.

riotspray likes this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, that's what I figured. I liked it all, but the crowd went nuts for the old stuff, which is expected considering the rest of the bands on the bill.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

Pack your fist full of HATE.

11. williek311

take a swing at the world

currytheword likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

The new Angel Du$t singles are truly out of left field.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

I wish Ceremony would put out their new album already

kyle likes this.
  14. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They are great!

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  15. DarkHotline

Oh for sure, I like them. I just never expected them to make something like it.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. cherrywaves

Trusted

Is it recorded?

17. DarkHotline

I’m not sure, I say it only because it’s been three years since L-Shaped Man and it feels like forever ago.

cherrywaves likes this.
  18. CochleaCocaine

Regular

I live in El Paso and have seen Power Trip 9 times but never in my home town. Was gonna go to the show but then I was like "I kinda just saw all these bands except PT at Sound and Fury."

What did they play pre-Manifest Decimation if you can recall?

19. Yea, I wasn’t expecting those. I dig ‘em though.

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

Damn didn’t know Angel Dust signed to Roadrunner. Good pickup. I’d bet anything that Power Trip and Vein are next

riotspray likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Well, it does make sense since the drummer is in Turnstile.

22. Windowsdown

Yeah it's a great move by Roadrunner. Turnstile got a feature in France's most read newspaper (Le Monde) which is absolutely mindblowing to me. Angel Du$t and TUI, if they ever become an active band again, could also reach the doors of the mainstream in the future and I wouldn't even be surprised.

These bands are really big with people who usually aren't really into hardcore too. It's pretty cool and if that can convince them to dig deeper, that means the genre gets bigger etc. I'm stoked.

Btw, is anyone selling some old Go It Alone merch S/M/L ? DM ME.

23. I’ve found myself listening to Ceremony’s “The L Shaped Man” quite a bit recently. I wasn’t a huge fan when it was released but I’ve come around on it.

24. Nate_Johnson Nov 14, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 15, 2018)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Been on a huge boysetsfire kick. The band can do no wrong in my book.

25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Are you a fan of the Nathan Gray album that came out earlier this year?

I only listened to it once and it didn't immediately click with me so I set it aside, but I love boysetsfire, so I'm thinking I should maybe give it another shot.

Nate_Johnson likes this.