Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I tried to get into Knocked Loose because I saw a lot of people hyping them up, but I just found them to be really underwhelmingly average.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

That's the worst part, they aren't a bad hardcore band by any means, there is just sooooo many bands nowadays all sounding too similar.

Jake W likes this.
  3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I've also really been loving The Beautiful Ones - Jaded Love. Some songs sound way too similar, but jams like Lover's Stomp, Heart In A Jar, and Exhale really got me liking them.

Jake W likes this.
  4. Jake W

Jaded Love is so good

carrytheweight likes this.
  5. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I agree, the vocalist totally makes KL

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

daughters is playing some shows, that's sick

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

8. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

9. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Absolutely abhorrent. I couldn't go past the first 30.

10. cherrywaves

Trusted

11. Jake W

Some of those comments actually made me feel sick

12. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know if Intergrity counts as hardcore or metalcore, but yeah they rule.

13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Lambgoat posters are such fucking trash, just so fucking gross and infuriating. Good on Charlie coming out about this, that was something that needed to be brought to light.

14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

True Identity said they've disbanded now.

15. DarkHotline

Probably the best idea honestly, that name is tainted by Jim's association now.

16. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

17. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

I know they are definitely not a hardcore band but the new A Day To Remember songs sound like they have a hardcore influence to them. Especially Bad Vibrations.

18. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

There's no real hardcore influence though. They once maybe resembled On Broken Wings in their early days but now it's just like, a pop punk band with heavy parts for the scene.

DarkHotline likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

They're a pop punk band with breakdowns, that's all they've really ever been. So they put out some heavy songs, good for them. It sounds like all the other heavy songs on their releases.

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Wish I could be at Sound and Fury this weekend.

21. I've been into the new This Is Hell album for what it is. I've always been such a big fan of theirs.

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

Misfortunes and Sundowning are dope. I liked their third album too but I never listened to anything when they turned into a thrash band

23. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

I posted this in the Boston thread too but I have a ticket to Bane's final show on Saturday if anyone is looking to go. I'm asking $40 for it, as that's what I paid for it. My friend that was supposed to go with me can't go anymore so I'm looking for someone else that would want to go.

24. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Bane's last show tonight! Going to be crazy!

25. No barrier! It's gonna be an awesome show, wish I could go.