Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 340

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Yo, Stu Folsom (sings for SpiritWorld) also did vocals for...Folsom, right? It seems obvious enough but I haven't heard Folsom mentioned at all in any SW discussions, and Stu's vocals (and lyrical content) are SO different from Folsom (~15 years ago but, like, still).

Band rips tho; can't remember how it happened but I watched a music video of theirs w/ my mom earlier today.

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

These guys had one of my favorite demos this year.

riotspray likes this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Signed to Century Media

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Was gonna post the same thing - so hyped!! Video is fire too.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. -deleted-

-

That sound is starting to become over saturated again. Knocked Loose started a wave of nostalgic hardcore/metal revival bands doing late 90’s // 00’s worship once laugh tracks came out.

I loved it at first having grown up on Martyr AD, Converge, Poison The Well, HopeCon, The Warriors, Shai Hulud, Black My Heart, etc etc. but it’s feeling a bit redundant now.

That said, I really love the new direction One Step Closer might be headed in.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They got a good opening slot for Silverstein.

7. -deleted-

-

I just saw SeeYou for the first time ever last month with Counterparts and they were phenomenal live. Would attend this show.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Yeah, its a good lineup

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  9. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Saw SYSC last night and they were amazing along with Dying Wish and Foreign Hands

Anthony_Soprano and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

saw that show on Saturday (minus Counterparts) - left early to go catch Innumerable Forms at another venue

Weird LiBrary and Nate_Johnson like this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

A4A76912-1C60-4B9B-8E64-050E3769591C.png

My buddy is going to this. I said: “that’s a pretty sick lineup, who are you excited to see?!”

Him: “I am only going for LOA”

To be fair he is not into hardcore.

12. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

good fucking god man i gotta see this band

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

mattylikesfilms and Nate_Johnson like this.
  14. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

nah man we need more and more and more.

although i think the absolute most creative band doing that shit right now is the callous daoboys without a doubt. they're a blend of so many different influences with a ton of mathcore and nu-metal but its literally everything. there's nothing like them.

Contender and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. -deleted-

-

I don’t think any of the bands sound bad but like many other waves I’ve seen before, it’s hitting an over saturation point where a lot gets overlooked or doesn’t get a solid shelf life from being in a blender of bands sounding similar on the same timeline.

Daoboys are great, but remind me less of this scene I’m referring to and much more of the No. 12 LLY, DEP, Fear Before days.

riotspray likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Daoboys definitely give me The Number 12 and Fear Before vibes which is cool but not really for me.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i consider DEP part of the scene you were referring to and no. 12 is certainly the next step in that scene, so the lineage is certainly there but i get what youre saying. still think they're magnificent.

18. flask

Trusted Supporter

Bands are trending dummy heavy or melodic/adjacent. I’m just waiting for the return of powerviolence.

DarkHotline and swboyd like this.
  19. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

It never went away…

20. Weird LiBrary

Regular

More good shit from 11pm. Anyone mentioning Honor Role in 2022 is ok in my book.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

More vinyl to pick up I can't afford at the moment.

22. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

If anything PV was having a moment about 1-2 years ago with Regional Justice Center getting more mainstream hardcore looks.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

that Blazing Tomb EP is fire

24. Weird LiBrary

Regular

Late entry for my favorite releases on the year. Kind of riffy like Annihilation Time at certain points. Vocals kind of remind me of Pissed Jeans at other points.

cherrywaves and Nate_Johnson like this.
  25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Make Ceremomy Powerviolence Again