Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. hauspunk

Regular

Cwhit u just need to hang out with more buff dudes in gym shorts

2. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

But only 2 or 3 of my friends in my area listen to this stuff so I don't know what to make of it haha

3. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Hi, hardcore thread people. Converge and Weekend Nachos are awesome. I'll probably pop in on occasion...

4. poppunkpotato

Jalen Ramsey is the GOAT

Hundredth is pretty good. Break Free is an awesome song, i recommend checking them out.

5. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Bane's last show is going to be raucous. My guess for the special guest is Ten Yard Fight. American Nightmare would be sick too though.

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Very jealous of any of you going to Bane's last show.

7. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

any of you like Have Heart? i still love this record

GettingSodas and swboyd like this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

That album ripped, but The Things We Carry is probably my favorite hardcore album of all time.

I'll likely engage in full bedroom mosh mode when I get home.

KennedyBN likes this.
  9. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Songs to Scream is my favorite. I unknowingly got into them a month after they broke up. Most of the Have Heart guys are doing a band called Free nowadays

10. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I feel like interesting hardcore releases have kinda been few and far between in the last couple of years, so keen for any recent recommendations anyone may have.

11. I agree with that. I still like hardcore but I'm not finding any new albums that I enjoy.

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I like the stuff Give puts out.

13. ghostxvapor

Trusted

williek311 likes this.
  14. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

15. Turntstile

Freedom- USA Hardcore came out last year and it's great, also True Love- New Young Gods and the new Lost Souls EP that someone posted in here earlier.

16. williek311

All great albums. True Love especially.

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

That last Bane show looks nuts. The Right Brigade EP is one of my favorite hardcore releases. American Nightmare being the special guest would be ridiculous too. Too bad it already sold out :/

18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Thanks. Yeah I really like True Love, will check out Freedom.

Also really enjoy Give, and the Sweet Jesus (ex-Have Heart, Soul Control) LP that came out last year was good.

19. cherrywaves

Trusted

This post reminded me of Fiddlehead, whose EP was pretty awesome too

20. williek311

I feel like Give is so underrated.

DarkHotline likes this.
  21. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

A remixed and remastered version of More Than Life's "Love Let Me Go" was released yesterday and it sounds great. If you haven't checked it out before now's a better time than ever.

22. sincerelymejames

Jimmy Reardon Supporter

I have yet to hear a hardcore band I like as much as Snapcase. I saw them live around 98' at a small club in Burlington, VT. They fucking killed it. I wish they were still touring. I still spin them every once in a while.

23. G. Jordan Norris

24. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Maybe! I need to check out more of the lineup, I only know Mindset, Free and I think I've heard a song or two by Praise and True Love.

25. williek311

Mindsets last show ever is all you need to know! But there are a lot of good bands there.