Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 130

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

One listen of NEG and it's already one of my favorite hardcore releases of the year

riotspray and cherrywaves like this.
  2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

What’s everyone think about this record?

Borat 2: Vengeance likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

It’s cool. I’m into that whole wave of stuff like them, Ekulu, Deflect, Illusion, etc

riotspray likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I need to check that out. Ekulu is one of my favorite newer acts doing it, so if it's in that vein, I'm all in.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The Candy 7 inch is really good as well

cherrywaves, riotspray and swboyd like this.
  6. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Can someone gimme a list of good hardcore that have come out in the last few months? Feel like I'm a bit behind on things compared to how I usually am due to important life events...

riotspray likes this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

johnnyferris, swboyd and riotspray like this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Nate is right. Triple B has been killing it. Axe To Grind's listening parties are a good way to keep up too.

Absence of Mine released a record back in June that I don't hear a lot of people talk about. It's not "traditional hardcore" but I fucking love it.

New Friendship record is cool too... Kinda d-beat, I guess...

swboyd and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. swboyd

Gracias, fellas.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  10. cherrywaves

Trusted

This album is real good and I would encourage you to all listen to this and their split with Seed of Pain

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

I was real into the Absence of Mine record on first listen but it just makes me want to listen to the Beautiful Ones

12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I missed out on the Beautiful Ones. If I'm a fan of "Smile Aren't You Happy?", is "Jaded Love" a good starting place for TBO?

cherrywaves likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

How about this one?

cherrywaves and riotspray like this.
  14. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Jaded Love is easily their best release

riotspray likes this.
  15. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

New Axe to Grind episode is really good and to be honest it’s my first time listening to an entire one. I’m quite surprised at how I can actually tolerate Patrick because he has a HUGE personality and has turned me off in every other podcast he has been in. Also, Tom is the man and Indecision is the band that really got me into hardcore. Most Precious Blood might be the most distinguished band in hardcore. They have a doctor and a politician in their band!

currytheword and riotspray like this.
  17. flask

Trusted Supporter

The one with Pat Flynn where they talk about how the reunion shows came together is really good too.

currytheword likes this.
  18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I've been listening for a while now and I think A2G is pretty great all around. Patrick is definitely a personality, but it's fairly reigned in/joked about on A2G.

currytheword likes this.
  19. CochleaCocaine

Regular

I loved the episode where they compared secrets of the world and big kiss goodnight. The whole of mosh madness was fun too.

Their reactions to hearing Sunami for the first time was also hilarious haha.

riotspray likes this.
  20. flask

Trusted Supporter

Also Pat has a new podcast with Ian from Regional Justice Center called I Don’t Care If This Ruins My Life where they talk about stuff related to being small independent artists. Really interesting stuff about the comic book industry and also Pat is the least Pat of all his podcasts if that makes sense.

currytheword likes this.
  21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Egotistical? Lol
    I get it though. Your online persona is very different than your real life one. Tom and Bob even joke that they would not even give his bands a listen if they didn’t know him in real life first.

22. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Band got even better.

23. swboyd

CochleaCocaine and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Love it, gives me strong Power Trip vibes

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  25. cherrywaves

Trusted

Nate_Johnson likes this.