Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 105

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Also, I rewatched the KWD DVD last night after talking about it here, and while people went off at their shows, they werent the band I was thinking of for having insane shows. Still trying to figure out who that was and/or where I originally saw the footage of Bad Luck shows with barbed wire bats and florescent bulbs.

2. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

i blame video games

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

My least favourite thing about RDR2 is RDR2

4. Nate_Johnson Jun 16, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 16, 2019)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

5. currytheword

Trusted

I saw Back Luck 13 at TIHC in Philly. Joe Hardcore did his best to just let the band be wild onstage and prevent the crowd from destroying the place but it didn’t work. People did start throwing metal trash bins and chairs. I got hit with change and a cup.

flask and riotspray like this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

See how is that even enjoyable?

riotspray likes this.
  7. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yeah, I don’t see the appeal of that at all.

riotspray likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

It wasn’t, and I also think the band sucks to begin with so the whole thing was a dumb gimmick that annoyed me.

While I don’t believe the band’s intention early in their career was to be known for that, they certainly embraced it and seemed to make it all that their set is about when I watched.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Also, I'm pretty sure that TIHC set was on the tamer side of things, honestly.

10. I just checked some live Back Luck videos and doesn’t look fun to me haha. But to each their own.

riotspray likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I mean, if riots are your idea of fun then...

12. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

After seeing one of Infest's first reunion shows in 2013 at Maryland Deathfest, I don't mind a trash can or two in the pit when I'm watching from afar. IIRC, no one got hurt. That being said, it's nothing I'd want to be caught up in the fray of.

13. swboyd

Got my hotel booked today for Have Heart on 7/6. I'm moderately excited for a road trip with the little brother up to Mass. Anybody else gonna be there?

14. cherrywaves

Trusted

I will be at the outdoor show whichever day that is

riotspray likes this.
  15. swboyd

that's the 7/6 one, i believe.

riotspray and cherrywaves like this.
  16. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Get it out of your system now because once that baby comes it’s game over. You will be happy when you can blast something heavy in your car when nobody is around!

swboyd likes this.
  17. swboyd

I still have my hour and a half round trip commute every weekday for that. So I can at least take some solace there. Haha. This trip is definitely a last hurrah before he or she comes screaming in my life so I'm going to take full advantage of it!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

“Screaming” is a good way to put it! But it’s more of a SCREECHING HALT to everything that you enjoy, at least for the first couple of years, but it’s totally worth it. Believe me, I was crazy enough to do it twice!

19. currytheword

Trusted

Also attending 7/6 in Worcester. Where are you all staying at? I couldn’t find a decent Airbnb close to there.

20. cherrywaves

Trusted

MY apartment cuz I live here bitch

flask and currytheword like this.
  21. Yeah I was there. Probably the only time I was ever like “I should probably leave” a show. And I attended a Body Count show where about ten people had guns in the air waving them lmao

22. currytheword

Trusted

23. cherrywaves

Trusted

Lol it’s in Boston not Worcester, best of luck my dude

Louisiana Fast and currytheword like this.
  24. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Ugh I'm so jealous. I had tickets for both shows but I was recently laid off and just started a new job so I can't take the time off to make the trip. Gave my indoor tickets to my brother in law, but I have 4 for the outdoor show if anyone needs some.

currytheword likes this.
  25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I will also be at the 7/6 show. Trying to get tickets for the Friday one too, but it’s been a little tricky.