Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 104

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah, i'm a fan.

riotspray likes this.
  2. Nate_Johnson Jun 14, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 14, 2019)
    Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Martyr AD AND Most Precious Blood?! I’m in! It’s essentially the Indecision lineup as well! Maybe they will play some songs? Hmmm...

Also, I wonder who the vocalist will be for Martyr AD.

currytheword likes this.
  3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Posted on the last page brotha

4. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The more the merrier! Plus it doesn’t have all my banter!

cherrywaves and currytheword like this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

I will 100% be there. Martyr AD I need to see at least once.

The closest I’ve ever come was seeing Counterparts cover them back when they had 1 album.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’ve seen them a few times and they are awesome!

currytheword likes this.
  7. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

REALLY hope Martyr AD plays a show near me at some point. Would love to see them.

currytheword and Nate_Johnson like this.
  8. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Abuse of Power with the hot fire.

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Are they back officially?

currytheword likes this.
  10. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

No clue. I haven't even listened to them in 10 years probably, but seeing their name on that B2S flyer resparked my need to see them live.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They have two very solid releases.

riotspray likes this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Oh for sure. Human Condition and On Earth are both great.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They know how to write some good stuff. From Disembodied to Martyr AD. Both are very good bands.

riotspray likes this.
  14. currytheword

Trusted

They did release those two demos last year. So I guess we can count that as something haha.

riotspray and Nate_Johnson like this.
  15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Upon watching their set, I am happy to report that Creeping Death kick ass

riotspray likes this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I can't wait for their full length to drop. Probably my most anticipated at the moment. Really hope they blow up.

17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Also how was the crowd for them? I've only seen them in Dallas or in videos from fests so I'm curious how they play to "unknown" crowds. And tell me about Fuming Mouth's set.

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Crowd seemed to dig them, good energy. Played a new song and it sounded tight.

Fuming Mouth's set was absolutely bananas. They played "Executioner's Sabbath" off the demo and the whole floor opened up. Great set, got one of the record release LP's too

riotspray likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Do any of you listen to Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza or have you been to one of their shows before? This band is very intriguing to me.

20. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’ve heard a few of their records and they are decent but supposedly nobody ever wants to book them because they just destroy everything.

21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Yup, there's videos of their shows where tables, chairs, garbage cans, other objects, etc. are thrown in/at the crowd (and whipped around like beach balls at a festival). It's wild!

22. riotspray Jun 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2019)
    riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't listen to them, but I've seen videos. People are just fucking up stuff and each other. Busting florescent light bulbs. Barbed wire baseball bats in the pit. Throwing flaming objects around. Basically backyard wrestling meets hardcore. It's nuts. I wouldn't want to be anywhere around when they're playing.

I seem to remember some crazy footage on the Killwhitneydead DVD too, but nothing to this extreme and I dig their music so I'd definitely "risk" seeing them if given the opportunity.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  23. SuperCoolFool

I have to tell you something....I eat lightbulbs

Reminds me of his screamo band called tion, there's a vid of them playing in some ball room and the audience is throwing busts and live fire crackers at each other lmao

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I really don’t get the appeal. It’s one thing to be all gimmicky but then it’s another to incite violence. I get it, it’s hardcore and it’s bound happen but just the presence of bands like Bad Luck causes this. I’m ok never having seen them.

riotspray likes this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

100%

I hate that some people use extreme music as an excuse for violence. Get in the pit, go crazy, have fun, but don't purposely try to injure people. Sure Bad Luck is fun to watch on video, and I'm sure kids had fun at their shows but in the end it just gives the whole genre a bad look.

Nate_Johnson likes this.