Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. CochleaCocaine May 20, 2019
    (Last edited: May 20, 2019)
    CochleaCocaine

Regular

My bad, that’s not what I meant. I was just guessing that there might be more people in the 25 - 35 age range who’d go to S&F just to see HH than people a decade younger, and that it could skew the age demographic at the fest this year, which may be entirely inaccurate. It was just odd speculation.

I don’t doubt there are tons of younger kids who’d die to see HH, and nobody has more privilege than anyone else.

But like age aside, I guess the concern I was trying to get across was that the fest would be dominated (to some extent) by HH fans, it would sell out, and that a lot of people who don’t care for HH but really wanted to go would get left out.

2. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

There is a lot of truth to what you are saying and unfortunately it’s the sad truth and the old saying still goes:
    “You snooze, you lose”

3. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Very true, I concede. Such is life.

Anyways, seeing easy money, no right and beg for life and I’m pretty stoked because this is probably the biggest HC show my towns had in about a year.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

hahaha. I wasn't sure if you were referring to the post about HH/S&F or if your post was in response to Shane saying he'd chose sleep over a 3am Code Orange show.

5. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

[​IMG]

riotspray likes this.
  6. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I’ve been getting into Ecostrike. Reminds me a lot of One King Down/Strife.

7. cherrywaves

Trusted

Ecostrike is cool, but I prefer Blistered

Louisiana Fast likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

My ex-girlfriend met up with me to give me 2 Have Heart tickets for the Worcester show, and then she got my current girlfriend drunk and took her home with her across state lines. True story. Weird night.

coleslawed, flask, swboyd and 4 others like this.
  9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

..............WHAT

10. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

Backtrack falling off when Lost in Life came out was there fault kinda, that record was so disappointing

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Lost in Life is my record. Ok dying on that hill.

12. swboyd

Not sure if I trust Reddit, but apparently Knocked Loose's new album is going up for pre-order later today and has a Keith Buckley feature.

This could be pretty damn good if the rest of the album is like Mistakes Like Fractures.

riotspray, KidLightning, kyle and 2 others like this.
  13. The single is out there and it goes in, definitely real.

swboyd likes this.
  14. swboyd

Just heard it, and I agree so, so much.

ryanfears likes this.
  15. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

The question is, will people still hate the band for no good reason.

I’m excited to hear new music from them.

currytheword, KidLightning and swboyd like this.
  16. swboyd

Do I think there are better hardcore bands out there that I wish were getting the same hype Knocked Loose are getting right now? Yes, but that's mostly an artifact of this sort of breakdown-heavy, beatdown adjacent hardcore not being my cup of tea usually. However, these guys have something undeniable about them that makes me excited for them. So bring on the new tunes.

17. Bdrinkwater

Still sort of on and off with KL, but I’m definitely looking forward to the Keith Buckley feature

A lot of mixed feelings come from them just not really being my style of hardcore though

18. cherrywaves

Trusted

Laugh Tracks was one-note but it served its purpose for me at the gym. I think they have a really good record in them. Wasn’t expecting it until later in the year tbh

19. currytheword

Trusted

Knocked Loose releases anything. Everyone:

[​IMG]

Knocked Loose announces a track with Keith. Everyone:

[​IMG]

20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Liked their last record, loved Mistakes. Very excited for a new album.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. I’ve never been a big KL fan, but I really liked that song they released recently and I can’t wait to hear the song with Keith.

22. 333 GANG

ACAB

[​IMG]

Appears to be the album cover

Nate_Johnson and johnnyferris like this.
  23. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Hit the nail on the head!

currytheword likes this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

johnnyferris likes this.
  25. Montauk1222

Trusted Prestigious

Little worried about the KL preorders because a lot of orders went through on that test store and PN isn't canceling any of them :teethsmile: