Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Hardcore Thread Genre • Page 100

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 31, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Sucks, Backtrack was fun

2. williek311

@wearthicksocks Prestigious

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Sound and Fury announcement 2 tomorrow.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Mindforce, No Warning, Vein and more added. This is going to be insane

SaveTheEarth and riotspray like this.
  5. flask

Trusted Supporter

Glad I somehow managed to get tickets because these lineup is absurd.

6. cherrywaves

Trusted

What the fuuuuuuck what a lineup

Louisiana Fast and riotspray like this.
  7. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Lil Ugly Mane?? Holy fuck man.

8. DarkHotline

Man, I wish I could go

riotspray likes this.
  9. foomanfat

Regular

I think I know some shit about hardcore and then I see a bill of forty-three bands and know two of them. >_<

swboyd likes this.
  10. flask

Trusted Supporter

I feel like it’s an awesome mix of legends, current heavy hitters, and up & comers.

riotspray likes this.
  11. CochleaCocaine

Regular

Honestly I think it's a bummer that Have Heart is playing the fest. The room's gonna be monopolized by 25-35 year olds who wouldn't be there if they weren't playing, and so many people who would've loved to have gone regardless of HH won't get tix. I'm sure it'll still be a blast but I just kinda feel bad. Amazing lineup

12. DarkHotline

On the flip side, think of all those kids who didn’t get to see them when they were active and fell in love with their music. I understand where you’re coming from though.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

I won tickets to see Refused next week, hell yes

riotspray likes this.
  14. CochleaCocaine

Regular

True. I'm almost one of those kids, except I got into HH about 2 years before they broke up and got to see them play an under 15-minute set with Suicide Silence (combined show) which was underwhelming to say the least haha.

DarkHotline likes this.
  15. flask

Trusted Supporter

They did add a HH headliner and offered people who bought S&F tix just for HH the chance to trade their tickets so hopefully they opened things up a bit.

16. Windowsdown

Backtrack is undeniably one of the most important HC bands of the late 00's / early 2010's. They weren't on anyone's radar during the Lost in Life album cycle (at least over here) and everyone seemed to be tired of them. I'm glad they stuck together and released Bad To My World, the hype never came back but honestly it's as good (if not better) than Darker Half.

Hopefully they'll play Paris again in November. I got to see them twice in the last six months and they were great both times.

17. currytheword

Trusted

What does the age have to do with it? You covered a decade of people in that range lol.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m 25 and I didn’t get into HH until a few months following the breakup. I already had purchased a fest pass before the lineup was even announced. I ended up getting a ticket for the second HH show too. Sorry for being selfish!

But I’m just as excited to see One Step Closer, Dare, Diztort, and the rest of the up and comers

riotspray likes this.
  19. Bdrinkwater

One Step Closer is so good, just saw them with Defeater last week and they’re easily my favorite newer hardcore band

johnnyferris likes this.
  20. Bdrinkwater

So that’s what that was, I knew I didn’t recognize it from the EP

21. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

The videos from the last minute Code Orange, Knocked Loose, Harms Way, and Vein show at Metro are awesome. Jealous of those that got to attend.

swboyd, KidLightning and riotspray like this.
  22. duffe

I Want To Be There

new Good Ridddance track from their upcoming album

333 GANG likes this.
  23. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Was just talking to one of my coworkers about that show, he said it was pretty insane. There's no way I could've made it.

Michael Schmidt and Nate_Johnson like this.
  24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

I was thinking the same thing. Someone who discovered them when they started has no more privileges to see than them than someone who discovered them after they disbanded.

currytheword likes this.
  25. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

It looked fun but I'm an old man who would have not stayed out until 330 AM to see a hardcore show. I did that once for Ghostface Killah on a visit to NYC for CMJ back in 2010 and was so exhausted the next day I promised myself never again.

Michael Schmidt and KidLightning like this.