Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Happiness Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Dog with a Blog

Was greeted yesterday morning with snuggles from Poppy. Had a blast hanging out with her this weekend

F4F69B66-EF45-4CA7-ADC7-DE8492CA7202.jpeg 95CBDED5-B47E-4C71-BF9E-26D71054030F.jpeg

ChaseTx, Mr. Serotonin and bigmike like this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Yo my niece was born today. She's beautiful!

ChaseTx, Shrek, RJ Knorr and 6 others like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I was waiting outside my building for my friend and this drunk guy came up to me and i was like oh sarcastic awesome. But then he said he was having a bad day and I asked why and he said because I'm black, straight, and something else i forgot. Like we were in a john mulaney sketch or something. We talked for a while and we talked about guitars and he was talking about his life and how tomorrow would be a better day and you need the bad days to appreciate the good and he said i helped make his day better and he gave me a not creepy side hug. I was hyped cause he was gonna give me his website url and I was like oh man what would this person have on a website?? But it was just his email boo.

4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I watched my friend of 15 years get married over the weekend and was incredibly honored to be asked to be a groomsman; drank my body weight in some killer dry rose wine; had Stephanie by my side nearly every minute of the last five days and I've never felt so much love in my life from friends, a significant other or my family as I do right now. Legitimately overwhelmed when I think about it.

5. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

so glad you're happy, Mike

you deserve it :heart:

supernovagirl, Shrek and bigmike like this.
  6. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Thank you, sir. That means a lot.

Shrek and angrycandy like this.
  7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

That makes me so happy @bigmike ! Like t said, you deserve it :heart:

bigmike and angrycandy like this.
  8. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

She's 3 weeks old!

RJ Knorr, Mary V and Kiana like this.
  9. Kiana

My nephew makes my day. He called me yesterday and was like "kawna, hurry up and come over! I've been waiting so long!" And right before I hung up he said "drive safe!" And I cannot handle the cute. Sometimes I get insecure that he doesn't care for me. Idk if its depression or what, but I often lack energy or motivation to actually play with him despite loving to be around him and wanting to play with him but it's like there a weight holding me down. So I worry I'm not the "fun" aunt espesh cause I never seem to be his fave or preference idk. So it's nice when it feels like i am, even if it's just for the brief moment his attention span allows it.

waking season, theagentcoma and algae like this.
  10. waking season Jun 28, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2018)
    waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Not particularly happy about much of what’s going on in my life right now but a lot of that goes out the window when I watch the Red Sox every night. One of those little things that means a lot.

11. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

That's awesome that you at least have that still. Hope everything else starts to lean in your favour.

Mary V and waking season like this.
  12. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Thanks, man! I’m in between jobs right now so that’s the biggest thing, just have to keep applying and telling myself it’s temporary. I’m also really looking forward to my lease ending next year so I can move to a city. I love NH but it can be a bit isolated up here sometimes.

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  13. Idk this seems like a good place to put this: I hid Facebook on my phone a week or so ago and find that I use it far less. I did it because of all the terrible and TBH one-sided news on my timeline and people seem to just be sharing their frustrations these days and, while man am I frustrated and pissed too, it has taken a toll on my general happiness. I kept it on my phone because I use FB login on so many sites and apps and it’s just easier to use the app itself. I also added NPR’s 5 minute news highlights to my overcast podcast subscriptions and made it my top priority in my queue. I keep the latest 2 episodes at a time so any time I open the app I have 10 minutes of current and pretty unbiased news before I start binging my podcasts. That’s felt more stable to me and I find that I know a lot more diverse current events on a daily basis. I usually catch it 3x a day - on the way to work, on my lunch time walk, and on my way home. Highly recommended. Here’s a link to the podcast directly. NPR News: 06-30-2018 6PM ET — NPR News Now — Overcast

waking season likes this.
  14. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Happy to hear it’s working! I recently did the same with a Twitter but redownloaded it this weekend for NHL/NBA free agency. Social media really does take a toll.

David Parke likes this.
  15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i have been sleeping without NyQuil or 20 mg of melatonin or alcohol or weed. just been closing my eyes, falling asleep within five minutes, and sleeping without interruption for 6-8 hours. pretty excellent

16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

You are a superhuman.

Dog with a Blog and Shrek like this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

is no one happy or

18. Dog with a Blog

It’s been a year, Shrek

Shrek likes this.
  19. supernovagirl

Borat and Shrek like this.
  20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I can’t remember the last time I was

21. supernovagirl

Borat, iCarly Rae Jepsen and Shrek like this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

In this economy?

Borat, supernovagirl and Shrek like this.
  23. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I'm pretty happy for once

24. Kiana

I have happy moments occasionally which is all I rly expect I guess. I wish I had them more often but it's a work in progress.

Shrek likes this.
  25. Kiana

Update: I bought an amazingly soft robe at World Market to up my happiness level and to also encourage me to shower in my depressive state lol. A+ so far, would recommend.

bigmike, Shrek and supernovagirl like this.