Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Happiness Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 3, 2018.

1. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, guess my invite is still in the mail

Ken, SlappinCups, Shrek and 2 others like this.
  2. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Let me go check maybe you sent it to my old hotmail.com account

SlappinCups, Shrek and Larry David like this.
  3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

SlappinCups, Shrek and Larry David like this.
  4. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

don't be a rulebreaker you rebel you!

Shrek and Dog with a Blog like this.
  5. I'm having one of the best nights of my life. Had a very open, calm conversation with my parents. Ended up telling them about my boyfriend (it's long distance and I've kept him a secret from them... It's complicated), opened up about my depression and anxiety, discussed how my dad's anger has affected me, and came out to them! They were so understanding and supportive. I have this huge weight off my shoulders. I never thought I could be this honest with them. I feel so free, at last. I could cry from joy

6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

this is the best and im ridiculously happy for you!!

Mary V, supernovagirl and SlappinCups like this.
  7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yeah I'm super happy it turned out this way!!

Mary V and Shrek like this.
  8. Thank you so much!! It's incredible and I almost feel like it was just a very good dream!

Thank you! Yeah, it was crazy, I never expected things to be so calm. And now I can get through a lot more with my parents by my side, which is amazing. My bf is in total shock and I think everything that happened last night will lead to him booking a flight to Melbourne and finally moving forward after being stuck for so long. It's all overwhelming! In a good way!

9. scroopy.noopers

: (

Every time I look at my cat, my heart melts and I smile. She either needs to live forever or I need to die first, 'cause I don't want a chapter in my life without her. Is this love?

10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i was out Friday-Sunday and at one point my roommate texted me that Barry (my cat) was pawing at my door knob and i literally almost cried haha. i feel this big time. my dude is a little older, he's 8 or so according to the humane society but i think he may be a little older. def not allowed to die.

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

What's weird is the text also specified that Barry is a cat

Shrek and supernovagirl like this.
  12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

My mood is temporarily somewhat better than last week

How much that has to do with sunshine idk

Shrek, SlappinCups, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My guitar lesson was nice today. Only me and one other person showed and we have been taking the class the longest so our skill level is similar and we got to have a more personalized lesson and got some questions answered. Some stuff that wasn't clicking finally did today. But he wants people to go to the free jam session every month and I'm waaaaay too intimidated/shy.

That was also the only productive thing I did all day.

Shrek, bigmike, ChaseTx and 2 others like this.
  14. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

what kinda stuff are you learning at the moment?

15. Kiana

It's a beginner class so just the basics. I was sick when he talked about notes and scales so it never quite clicked until today. We did that, strumming patterns, and trying to get muscle memory improvement for chord progressions, which I've improved on but it's still a lil clunky.

I mostly just try not to get overwhelmed! My instructor has a bad habit of going rly far ahead and being like "but that's more complex theory u don't need to know yet" and my brain is like :cringe:

theagentcoma and bigmike like this.
  16. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Who knew it'd take only like 5 weeks? I've been fuckin' floating for like four days and it's ridiculously amazing.

Kiana, theagentcoma, Shrek and 6 others like this.
  17. This is so great to read!

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yay :heart:

bigmike and Shrek like this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

Lol my sister sent this to me earlier and I will cherish it forever. Best uncle confirmed.

20. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Oh my god James. That's absolutely precious.

Shrek and Dog with a Blog like this.
  21. Kiana

When kids say something nice it's like the purest thing in the world. With adults sometimes you don't know if they're just being polite or trying to flatter u or whatever, but when a kid is sweet like that and u know they're just being so genuine and honest my heart swells like the grinch.

22. Dog with a Blog

Conversely, when kids say something mean it cuts deep! Lol. One of my little shit nephews came up to me and was like, “wow you’re really ugly” :crylaugh:

Shrek, supernovagirl and bigmike like this.
  23. Kiana

Always feels great when kids ask if ur pregnant. One time I had like 3 different kids ask me that in a day and I was like brb burning this shirt.

24. scroopy.noopers

: (

I think I just booked my first DJ gig at my school's queer prom! Keeping my fingers crossed for the official green light.

Shrek, theagentcoma, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  25. Kiana

I called the amex help line for an issue and it was the best customer service call of my life. Which is never a thing anyone says ever. He was super nice and awesome and after I told him my last name he kept asking if I was related to these people in the Philippines and i was like naaaaw, Ken, sry bless tho

Shrek and theagentcoma like this.