Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Happiness Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

Come on over.

MikeyPaine, Larry David and Shrek like this.
  2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have no job
    No car
    My old job is fighting my unemployment and will probably win

I got nothing

I do enjoy Friday the 13th tho so there's that

Mary V, bigmike, Shrek and 1 other person like this.
  3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ken and Kiana like this.
  4. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Objectively I should be happier. Got a raise, actually being treated like other people in my job are, have a bunch of dates lined up currently and more on the horizon (with a really fun/interesting one last night) and my birthday is around the corner. But, like, I don’t pay attention to any of that haha. Brains are dumb.

It legit does help to come in here though and see people I like and respect doing incredibly well. That’s just amazing.

Mary V, Ken, Shrek and 1 other person like this.
  5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It's Friday so I'm as happy as a clam.

Dog with a Blog and Ken like this.
  6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

What about a pig in shit?

Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  7. Mr. Serotonin

What about it?

Ken likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Are you as happy as them?

Ken and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm not really sure.

Ken likes this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i def get this, i hope one of these dates just clicks and goes from there

also if i were you and had three dates lined up i would explode from anxiety so thats a win if you ask me

Mary V, Ken, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  11. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Girl last night was like “I was super nervous for this” and it clicked for me how little anxiety I have about things like that anymore. Used to be pretty shitty but now it doesn’t even phase me.

Ken, Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm still happy

13. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I've been having a rough few months because my job has been horrible and I don't feel like I'm making a difference. After work I give private English lessons to a family with three kids and today at the end of class the oldest one told me he wanted to tell me something. He said that for the last few months he's been in a hard place emotionally and he was just going through the motions and that his class with me is one of the reasons he got out of the funk.He said he has so much fun talking to me and he just wanted to thank me for that, and it was such an overwhelming moment where I actually felt like I was an effective teacher and like, actually making an impact, albeit a small one. It just really lifted my mood.

angrycandy, RJ Knorr, Mary V and 3 others like this.
  14. I always get my hopes up and sink into depression when things don't work out, but things actually are looking up for me at the moment and it's pretty cool!

15. Dog with a Blog

Got the best surprise in the mail today. My niece’s preschool photo! My heart

3554B7D3-D7DC-46C6-9CCD-8E1B099E7449.jpeg

16. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Nothing can dint my happiness now that I'm in love and been set free from the lies that come from being closeted.

Shrek and Kiana like this.
  17. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

My wife makes a big deal out of birthdays and she utilized the whole weekend to celebrate my 30th birthday. She got all of our friends to come to a surprise party and I wanted them to roast me but none of them could think of anything bad to say (which is bullshit) so they all toasted me. It was something else. I threw a few self-roasts in there to even things out but basically my wife is awesome and it's good to have friends that genuinely care.

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Today was the happiest day I've had in a long time so I figured it was worth finally gracing this thread :P

I did GOAT YOGA which was the most amazing experience I just love goats so much they make me so happy. Then, I hung out with some ASL students studying and then had my ASL final. I got 100% and my teacher told me I'm a natural, which was the best compliment ever.
    Basically doing ASL and being around my classmates/prof and other Deaf people, just made me so happy and made me feel so on top of the world and I love the language so much but really it gave me like a legit high and kinda cemented to me that I want to pursue some kind of career with it in the future- likely not an interpreter, but you never know. Anyway I'm pumped to have something I'm passionate about actually

also worth noting I did not see my ex today but we did video chat which was also v nice but it does make me happy that I had such a good day without him

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I had lunch #2 with my, idk, "estranged" uncle this weekend? I lived with him from the ages of 13-18 after my mom passed and he kicked me out the day i graduated high school. he and his awful, awful wife were terrible to me and i went a decade with minimal contact with them. it's a weird situation because i feel nothing for the man but he seems to harbor a great deal of regret for how he treated me, and if i were to wall him off, i would be preventing him from making peace. so we have lunch once a month, and i hate it, but it's a win in itself that i have a enough of a grip on my anxiety to go through with it... especially given he is what triggered my worst anxieties in the first place.

also i have a beautiful woman who seems to be my biggest fan and every day i have a moment where i'm stunned i'm the guy she can't get enough of. she put up a picture of us at her desk today, and no other woman i've dated would have made such a simple but sweet gesture, and i feel very lucky

20. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

:')

21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

love you, Cam

22. Dog with a Blog

angrycandy, Shrek and Larry David like this.
  23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

This is a good thread

awwgereee, RJ Knorr, Mary V and 4 others like this.
  24. Dog with a Blog

25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

One day, @Ken and I are going to go on a wine tour together!

Ken, oldjersey, bigmike and 3 others like this.