Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Happiness Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Shrek, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I'm eating a salad right now and it makes me feel good about myself

Operation Quit Eating Like Shit is at a strong start

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I consider myself cynical and mostly unhappy but I smile a lot when I talk and have a roll with the punches attitude so people think I'm happy and chipper which I think is funny. My town has a new burger restaurant which makes me happy but I haven't been yet. That's about all I have going for me lol

3. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

I can’t wait to be able to post in here someday

4. I saw my cousin who I haven't seen in a few months over the weekend. She told me that I look like I've lost weight, which was great to hear! I've been trying to maintain a better diet and exercise every day and sometimes I doubt it's working. It's nice when people point out your efforts

5. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this is too real

also I agree with a lot of the other deeper sentiments expressed earlier. I couldn't quote them all but yeah.

got nothing to add to this thread. hopefully soon.

6. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Pfffff semantics.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. Dog with a Blog

I’m not pictured here, obviously, but my family fills me with immense joy. My niece, Poppy, is unlike any kid I’ve ever met and I genuinely enjoy spending time with her. I honestly get pretty emotional when I think about her. I’ve had a lot of nieces and nephews and I’m sure all my sisters love hearing how she’s my favorite haha.

3AF5499A-A2E2-4420-8210-50873446071E.jpeg

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I like this post a lot. This is what life's all about man.

Heading to Caits house now. I'm happy man.

Shrek, awwgereee and Dog with a Blog like this.
  9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Rainy weekend mornings are the best. I love waking up and there's just enough light shining through the windows to not make me hate life and enable me to fall back asleep if I want and then the sound of the rain is soothing.

Ken, Shrek, Mary V and 2 others like this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

had a somewhat serious talk with the girlfriend this weekend and man, i have found a very, very real thing. never been so on the same page in every regard. anxiety has always been a big issue for me, particularly in a relationship, as i am doubly afraid of failing because it feels like i'm failing for two. i kinda shared this in a moment of weakness, as i'm in a bit of a transitional phase, trying to find new employment, get back in school, etc. her response about reduced me to a mess. crazy how easy it is to prioritize superficial things when looking for a partner and lose sight of how important it is to find someone kind who truly cares about you, as obvious as it sounds on paper.

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yoooooooooooo my weekend was good as helllllllllllllllllllll

Shrek, Ken and angrycandy like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

Going to see my favorite comedian with my favorite person this weekend and I'm very excited

Also we ordered a washer and dryer to be installed on Saturday which means I NEVER HAVE TO GO TO A LAUNDROMAT AGAIN

Joe4th, Mary V, oldjersey and 4 others like this.
  13. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

nice

Shrek, Ken and Fucking Dustin like this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Which comic

15. Fucking Dustin

Shrek and oldjersey like this.
  16. Dog with a Blog

This truly is heavenly

Shrek and Fucking Dustin like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

Having a washer and dryer is a luxury I never knew until I didn't have them

Shrek and Dog with a Blog like this.
  18. Dog with a Blog

Yuuuuuuup haha. I’m at a place that has them now and it seriously saves so much time

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  19. Shrek

the laundromat across the street from me is literally the most embarrassingly run establishment i've ever encountered in my entire life. it infuriates me to my core, in ways that make me feel like a shitty person because it's angrier than i get at anything else regardless of severity or scale. i actually fantasize about vandalizing the place or leaving angry notes for the owners everywhere

tl;dr im jealous

20. Fucking Dustin

We went to one on Sunday to do our laundry and started 3 washers at the same time, 2 of them were done while the third still had 20 minutes left and I was like "I can't do this anymore" hahahaha

Shrek likes this.
  21. Shrek

mine has machines that are constantly out of order but never marked, so it's roulette until you put the initial dollar in and actually select a cycle, only for the machine to never refund the dollar. the change machines are ALWAYS broken, to where the three closest corner stores have "NO CHANGE FOR LAUNDROMAT" signs. they close before last call all the time, twice my clothes have been trapped in there overnight because they close 2-3 hours early. i've called the "help" number on the wall 10 or so times over the last 5 years and never gotten an answer or a call back. it seriously could not be worse.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  22. Shrek

between thrifting and catching spring sales at the big anchor stores, i have 15 new work appropriate shirts, 4 new pairs of jeans, new running shoes, underwear/undershirts/socks etc and i did it all for like < $400 based on some rough math. there are no more "x"s in my shirt size, even at some more slim running stores (some of them fit pretty snug but at the pace i'm going they'll be great by May).

after splitting three peoples bills 50/50 for six months because my roommate's gf was "looking for the right job", she is finally contributing her share again. he thanked me for being so helpful, gave me some money, and said he is covering my portion of the utilities/internet for the next few months to make up a small part of it. while the whole situation was dumb and i should have never let it get so far, it taught me such financial discipline. my thought process with purchases has changed drastically, and now i have hundreds more a month to put away.

life is good. more people need to share their happenings!

23. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I just got promoted to Assistant Director of my job. Am moving to a nice spot in two weeks, coming up on my 2 years at my job and annual raise in which my boss said she will fight for me to get a good raise. Getting a new car at the end of may. Cait and me just enjoy each other more as each day passes. Life is good finally, i'm in my 3rd year of sobriety and it has been a hard one, the first 2 were so easy and smooth.

24. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

It's a beautiful day today. A great day to grill some steaks and drink some wine with the lady.

Mary V, Shrek and Joe4th like this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

One day, I will have a steak grilled by Ken

Shrek, Ken and Joe4th like this.