Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 52

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

here's mine :D

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

jorbjorb likes this.
  3. Recently I decided to take off everything that I don’t really use, so this is what I’m working with now:

D7BE0994-6495-4540-8271-164DB80E4142.jpeg

jorbjorb and Fucking Dustin like this.
  4. Philll

Trusted

jorbjorb and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. jorbjorb and Philll like this.
  6. jorbjorb

7 rings

Yup. Easy to trouble shoot if anything goes wrong lol. The overdrive stays on the whole time. I turn the delay/reverb on for COOL parts only.

MrCon likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

My board is very much still a work in progress, it's very very new

jorbjorb likes this.
  8. Philll

Trusted

jorbjorb and bradsonemanband like this.
  9. Yeah, I love it. It's definitely a good conversation starter at shows, haha.

Philll likes this.
  10. MrCon

This is not efficient. Too much empty space, not enough pedal. This isn't how you get ambient tone!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. MrCon

Anyway, since I'm talking shit, I suppose I better put mine up.

IMG_20190603_201308986.jpg

Final piece was the tuner, of all things. I might replace the Fuzwami and Zen Drive clone at some point. The Fuzwami is a bit unwieldy.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  12. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

anyone here played a dunable before? i’m debating dropping the cash on a boutique build and am intrigued by their stuff but have heard very little reviews/opinions on them outside of the metal scene

13. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Are we posting boards now

Plimsoul and tuner just out of frame, and an EHX 8-step and expression pedal that don’t fit on the board

Attached Files:

14. MrCon

Ooft. That's a serious rig.

15. bwh0005

[]

Their pretty high quality stuff, a friend of mine had a Yeti for a bit but ended up flipping it after a few days to fund his third or fourth Vik. I’m pretty sure Sascha stopped taking build requests & is now only selling models directly to stores as the way to buy but I might be wrong.

phaynes12 likes this.
  16. phaynes12

pretty close to pulling the trigger on a chapman. the dunable is just too much for me rn.

17. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

I had a DL4 for 3 years, but then grabbed a DD500 off of ebay for 200 dollars cheaper than anything else I could find. (had both for 2 years)

Both were great, but in the end I sold the DL4 and kept the DD500 because it has half the footprint on the board for way more functionality.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I just got a deluxe Nashville tele from 2018 for $400, good deal? Haha

19. MrCon

Sounds pretty good to me.

bradsonemanband and teebs41 like this.
  20. phaynes12

baritone or seven string hmmmm

21. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I really wanna pick up a Blue Sky at some point but I feel like I have enough reverb pedals already, and especially with owning a Flint and a Mr. Black Supermoon I kinda wonder if I even NEED a Blue Sky.

MrCon likes this.
  22. MrCon

Yeah, I'm not sure what on the Blue Sky would be unique. The shimmer mode would be different from the others. I've never heard the Supermoon, so I don't know if the Blue Sky could cover similar ground with it's mod mode. I think if you had all three, you'd probably be at the point where you'd just be better off with some programmable monster instead. :-)

ArmsLikeTeeth likes this.
  23. I have a Blue Sky and love it to pieces but you definitely don't need one if you have a Flint and a Supermoon. I'd say if you want to expand your reverb sounds, Walrus Audio Fathom or Slö are both decent moves for a little cheaper than the Blue Sky.

24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

my friend gifted me her bass so guess I'm learning to play bass now! anyone have any experience with lowering the action on a bass or would you recommend I just go get it done professionally? any general tips? should I play with my fingers or get a bass pick?

teebs41 likes this.
  25. I just got a Classic Player Jazzmaster last night. Loving it so far! GC gave me 15% off too cause of the sale, so I got it new for a great price.

teebs41, Your Milkshake and Philll like this.