Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

my next purchase

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

the bit crusher thing on the dark star always seemed way fuckin cool

3. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I've been frantically trying to get my EP together which is basically just me and an electric guitar. Kind of a Julien Baker/Pinegrove kind of thing, but I keep editing songs because I keep discovering new tones and effects I like haha.

I love my les paul though, just elegant yet super versatile. I need to get more into pedals since I just have a distortion and a phaser, which are nice but id like to be able to use more of those effects and tones easier.

hi everyone havent posted here yet i dont think

teebs41 and EngineDown like this.
  4. EngineDown

lemme know if you want a lil lead :ok:

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  5. CoffeeEyes17

oooooh that might be nice, ill letcha know

EngineDown likes this.
  6. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

can people just post their signal chains and write maybe a short description of what special shit they do with them? I might be in the process of revamping my chain

7. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I just have an OCD and a Holy Grail. I don't wanna go too crazy or anything, but it'd be nice to branch out a bit. I do like the simplicity though.

8. EngineDown

I actually sold allllll my shit about six months ago and I'm rebuilding it now. I'll post what I had then and what I'm trying to build now.

Then:
    Gibson Les Paul Special - Boss TU-2 - OBNE Haunt Fuzz - Ibanez TS-9 - OBNE Reflektor Chorus - OBNE Procession Reverb - EHX Memory Man w/Hazari - Laney Cub 10

Now:
    Fender Coronado - Polytune 2 - OCD Overdrive or ZVex Box of Rock - Walrus Julia Chorus - Ibanez FL-9 Flanger - MXR Carbon Copy - Fender Deville

Your Milkshake likes this.
  9. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

10. CoffeeEyes17

yep. Under the moniker A Balcony Voyage. I'm getting some outside help in the form of a girl i went to college with helping me record and mix some of the songs, but other than that its me recording it.

KennedyBN likes this.
  11. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

signal chain now:
    Vintage Modified Jazz - MXR tube screamer clone - MXR Dyna Comp - Line 6 DL4 - Neunaber Wet Reverb - Strymon Deco - Fender 65' Princeton

want/future chain:
    Vintage Modified Jazz - MXR Dyna Comp - Rimrock Mythical Overdrive - Line 6 DL4 - Strymon El Capistan - Neunaber Stereo Wet Reverb - Strymon Deco - Zvex Lo Fi Junky - Fender 65' Princeton

also curious about the ehx superego and the empress reverb (the ghost setting seems completely awesome)

12. EngineDown

Extremely jealous of the Princeton reverb, one of my favorite amps

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

what did you sell the cub for man? could be running stereo rn haha

14. EngineDown

just wanted something bigger and couldn't justify having both haha

15. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

I've got an EQD Avalanche Run and it's made for this kind of stuff

16. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I hear ya. I just got a rockit 5 that I'm going to try to use for stereo alongside my amp for the deco and whatever other stereo effects I'm planning on owning. Never done stereo anything before idk how good it even will be

17. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Also, gear:

Guitars:
    '78 ES-335
    2005 American Strat
    Some random red Carvin
    Epiphone SG
    Breedlove SC-25 Myrtle

Pedals:
    Boss TU-2
    Fulltone Plimsoul
    Zvex Fuzz Factory
    EQD Sea Machine
    EHX Pulsar Trem
    EHX Superego Synth Machine
    Dwarfcraft Wizard of Pitch
    DBA Reverberation Machine
    EHX Nano Holy Grail
    EQD Avalanche Run
    Boss DD-5
    OBNE Black Fountain
    Ditto x2 Looper

Have a bunch of other pedals and some bigger delays like the Echolution that work their way in occasionally, but I've got all of the above barely fitting on my current board. Playing through a Fender Blues Junior in the house so I'm also in the market for a nicer amp.

18. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

My board is kinda simple but it works well for my needs.

polytune->TS-9->Carbon Copy->Holy Grail->Corona Chorus->Ditto Looper-> head

19. EngineDown

Help me, what combo amp should I get. Looking for something 15-40 watts range around $500. All tube. Ty

20. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Blues Jr. forever and always.

21. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Not sure what the prices are like in the US, but the Fender Bassbreaker 15 might be in budget. That's been receiving a lot of praise (although, I played through the 7 the other week and didn't really love it).

What are the Egnater Tweaker combos costing over there these days?

Depends what sort of thing you're after I guess. If you like the Princeton, then maybe sticking with the classic Blues Junior is a good shout?

EngineDown likes this.
  22. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

You can finance all Fender amps at GC for no interest as long as 3 years

23. EngineDown

I was debating doing this on a Super Sonic. Anyone have any experience with those?

24. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm paying $33 a month for the princeton just fyi

EngineDown likes this.
  25. EngineDown

How giggable is the Princeton? My buddy has an AC15 and said 15 watts simply wasn't enough for him, unless the venue could mic it up. I'm just a little hesitant on being that reliant on the venue, I guess. Good experience for you?