Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Backed! I have a Micro Dark, but I needed 2 channels and I don't love how dark that head is. Probably should have thought of that before buying a head with "dark" in the title.

t_papaccio likes this.
  2. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Sigh, my partscaster is officially dead. After fighting it, I've concluded the body is too thin to work.

Going to pivot and swap the pickups on my Squire...

[​IMG]

3. Ok, the Dual Terror is amazing. I learned recently that it's pretty much the exact same internally as the AD30, and it definitely sounds that way.

4. danielalee12

Regular

fellow counterparts fan!! im trying to learn a bunch of their songs (got memory misread, arms like teeth and john locke down). Any recs on what to tackle next?!

mescalineeyes and ryanfears like this.
  5. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Arms Like Teeth is so fun to play. I just learned You’re Not You Anymore a few weeks ago. I don’t really play much post hardcore on guitar but their guitar work is phenomenal.

ryanfears likes this.
  6. Monument and Bouquet are both a blast. Resonate is also really cool, a lot of different parts.

7. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

bought an acoustic today. martin 00015m. fucking beautiful

aspeedomodel likes this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Today I got a Gretsch G2420T and it's so fun to use

DarkHotline and jorbjorb like this.
  9. JJ Abrams

10. Tom

My newest :hearteyes:
    IMG_5659.jpg

11. Tom

12. Friday will be a month with the Dual Terror. Straight up sickest gear purchase I've ever made. I managed to score a used footswitch at Sam Ash for $25 to use until my custom footswitch arrives (Loop Master takes literally forever).

13. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

my Squier VM Jazzy is much too noisy. and hum canceling pickups are like $3 hundy.

Im about to just say fuck it and trade it in for one of those Player Series Stratocasters.

Anyone played those?

14. jorbjorb

7 rings

you might want to get an HSS version Strat if you're concerned about noisy pickups.

SlappinCups likes this.
  15. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah I guess that would only help for the bridge pickup though

Im fine with some single coil noise but this squier is the noisiest guitar of all time Im convinced

jorbjorb likes this.
  16. jorbjorb

7 rings

Ok. Those player series strats are good guitars.

SlappinCups and Your Milkshake like this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

I have four guitars, and vary having a favorite between them, but the other guitars are always behind my Hagstrom Viking. Love that guitar.

Other guitars are fender strat, epiphone wildkat, and reverend warhawk.

18. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

Haven't played in ages, but I've been getting that urge again. Specifically the urge to buy another guitar, let's hope self control wins out.

19. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Finally finished my 2nd ever build. Really happy with how it looks, but I definitely need to make some tweaks to get it sounding better.

Attached Files:

20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I have a J Mascis Jazzy and have had no real issues with noise. Definitely recommend trying it.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  21. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

740759D1-1B57-446C-BB31-FD1A66B9A76E.jpeg

really hoping to replace my amp with these guys. just got them in and first impressions are really good.

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Found my old Smokey mini-amp from ten years ago and threw it into the chain. Hella noisey but it acts like a good fuzz.

23. Fucking Dustin

Can anyone recommend a good straplocking system (whether it be locking buttons or a locking strap/whatever) for a Gretsch? This is my first guitar with a Bigsby and Dunlop wouldn't work for it.

24. Just get a nice Dimarzio Clip Lock strap.

Texas Flood likes this.
  25. Fucking Dustin

I'm thinking about it but those just completely replace the buttons right? I'm wondering if it'll look awful or not haha and this guitar is so beautiful I don't wanna disturb it too much.