Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 42

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. jorbjorb

7 rings

I dunno. I have the telecaster already and the evertune is $500. I tried a bunch of new guitars in store and the only one that sounded even remotely ok was 2 grand.

2. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

Why would an Evertune save it? Seems a lot of money and effort if all you get at the end is a still shitty guitar, which stays in tune. :crylaugh:

primavera likes this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

I know how to tune a guitar but the intonation on it is shit. Yes it's in tune when played open but when you play around and and use open chords it sounds like ass.

"The benefits of EverTune are many, and one of the biggest is intonation. Intonation is how in tune each note is on each fret. Many guitars have spots where notes are always sharp. An example of this would be the first fret when a high nut is installed. Also the frets above 15 are usually sharp. Because many of these intonation issues are caused by varying pressure, EverTune is the only technology that can provide perfect intonation for each note on each fret throughout the whole fretboard. If the frets are correctly placed, EverTune will play them all in tune even if a player squeezes the string too hard."

It's not BS. I've tried one and it was amazing. Lots of a studios are using them as it's a huge time saver.

Don't get me wrong I admire a nice guitar that's set up properly. This is kinda just my last effort to save my telecaster before I harpoon it through a window.

MrCon likes this.
  4. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

bingo

if you have a shitty car but can spend almost the full value of the car to repair it, why not just buy a new car

5. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

This is honestly how I'm starting to feel about the Strat project I want to do with the Affinity I have in my closet. Might as well cut my losses and buy MIM Standard or a higher end Squier (or something else completely)

primavera likes this.
  6. primavera

if you can find a CIJ (crafted in japan) 80s strat, i seriously put any of those up against any modern american strat.

musicfan9795 likes this.
  7. MrCon

Yeah, I wouldn't bother putting much into an affinity. Nice little guitar to start on, but probably a bit too low end to be worth massively overhauling hardware and electronics. A MIM is almost certainly better than you can realistically get the squire to be.

8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Anyone play/have the Red Panda pedals? Torn between the Particle and Tensor....love the glitchy delay of the Particle, Tensor is newer with a lot of cool capabilities...hm hm

Also, Tonal Recall is tempting me...can only get one pedal..decisions decisions...

9. primavera

i really want one but the $$$ is a bit much, same with chase bliss stuff

aspeedomodel likes this.
  10. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

Tonal Recall is my second favorite on my board, it’s really great

11. MrCon

I love how the Tonal Recall stuff looks. Don't even know what they do, they're just pretty.

12. aspeedomodel

Yeah, I cleaned out some old gear/stuff and have some cash so I wanted to grab a new pedal. If I had infinite money I'd have every Chase Bliss pedal haha.
    What's #1?

I love the Tonal Recall, but the granular/glitch stuff really speaks to me...haha I am so torn, I may wait for Particle V2 later this year.

primavera likes this.
  13. PepsiOne

Only complaint about the tonal recall is I bought one like two months before the red knob version came out so it immediately felt outdated

14. PepsiOne

Infinite Jets is the favorite currently, it’s very fun and I’ve stopped making much actual music beyond just toying with it.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  15. aspeedomodel

Oh man, nice. The Knobs video of that was wild and had me adding it to my Reverb feed haha. Such a cool pedal.

16. PepsiOne

Yeah, straight up unsubscribed to the Knobs channel bc it singlehandedly cost me over a grand lol

aspeedomodel likes this.
  17. aspeedomodel

Hahaha, I could see that. My wife keeps me in check, because I would have gone deep too.

18. MrCon

I've been looking into getting some switch toppers for my pedal board (saw people using them on Instagram and they just seem like a fun decoration as much as anything). Anyway, a lot of the ones on Amazon UK seem to be far eastern imports, with similarly imported descriptions. Bearing in mind that we're talking about little metal footswitch covers, here are some of my favourites:

"Warning: Only to be used in water in which the child is within its depth and under adult supervision."
    "Don't wait, let's taste it!"
    "We will bring you the perfect music experience."

19. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

9DD3F4D9-9DFD-4465-B51C-F74277E9ED1E.jpeg
    I’m starting to really like my collection

20. primavera

how do you like the tc? i’ve heard pretty mixed things but their phaser is cheap and seems to have some functionality beyond the phase 45

i would take a picture of my collection but they basically take up a bookshelf lol

21. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

pulling the plug and getting a Squier J Mascis Jazzmaster on Sunday!

aspeedomodel likes this.
  22. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Sounds a little too artificial/cheap in certain settings but other than that I like it. It can make some seriously crazy sounds when you max out the knobs

primavera likes this.
  23. primavera

yeah that’s kinda what i figured. might just say fuck it and drop $300 for a wombtone

24. How do you like the Superego and The Void? I'm really interested in getting the Meris Enzo as a synth pedal, but they're so expensive secondhand. Also shout-out to the DS-1, such an underrated distortion pedal!

ComedownMachine likes this.
  25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I got the Superego today actually and I’m obsessed with it! Already my favorite pedal. I found it in basically mint condition for really cheap. The Void is good but you don’t get much variety. It was only like $50 though so I don’t mind. I’m saving up to get the OBN Dark Star.

fluxyjoe likes this.