Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Dropbox - darkest hour.mov

just breaking it in with one of my fav songs to play even tho i forgot one of the little licks from the verse to the pre-chorus lol

Your Milkshake likes this.
  2. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

3. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

sophos34 likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

disambigujason likes this.
  5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

picked up the DOD Carcosa. wild ass fuzz.

6. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Soooo about Fender rebranding their MiM guitars from the Standard series to the Player series...

7. primavera

what is wrong with it lol

RobJGolde likes this.
  8. I like the new stuff but I JUST bought a Standard Tele in October so I'm good.

9. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I don't have much of a problem with it. As long as the guitars are still good for the money, it hardly matters. My only gripe would be that some of the series names are now starting to get a bit close to each other. Don't they have Classic Vibe (Squire), Classic Player and Player Series now? Buying secondhand is going to get really annoying in terms of figuring out what you're actually buying.

Anyone know if the Player series is a significant departure from the Standard? Only thing I've seen is an Andertons video and they didn't really go into a lot of detail. I think they've dumped the ceramic pickups and gone back to Alnico. Otherwise, not clear to me what's different.

10. primavera

other than a difference in the types of guitars and the lack of rosewood, i don’t think there is much

11. MrCon

Maybe the re-brand is a sensible way to signify the switch to Pao Ferro as well. I'm so sick of people whining about that already. Guitar players are just the worst. :crylaugh:

primavera likes this.
  12. RobJGolde

22 frets, pau ferro boards, alnico pickups instead of ceramic, better bridge saddles, better tremolo systems, more tonal versatility across the range and jazzmaster/jaguar models. At least that’s all i’ve gathered from the videos I’ve seen. I’m happy about the extra fret, the addition of thejazzmaster/jaguar and that the HH tele comes with a coil split.

MrCon and primavera like this.
  13. RobJGolde

Oh nothing haha I’m all for the updates. I was just curious about everyone hear thinks of them

primavera likes this.
  14. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Took my acoustic I built in today after eight years to get my systemic dead notes and buzz from frets 10-17 taken care of. Hopefully this fret redress and refilling does it. I’m just stoked it’s salvageable.

RobJGolde likes this.
  15. primavera

it's summer namm so all the big brands are trotting out their lines for the year. looks like gibson is simplifying things to right the ship a bit.

RobJGolde likes this.
  16. MrCon

The trans blue 335s looks great. I'll never understand why they don't offer better Firebird colours though.

17. primavera

85B78CB1-8620-4B2F-A012-9A6E1AADE85F.jpeg

fiancé got me a handmade custom pedalboard for my birthday. fucking rules.

18. MrCon

Ah man. That's cool!

19. RobJGolde

Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but i’m definitely not a fan of the no-pickup ring look for their HP series guitars or chrome pickup rings.

primavera likes this.
  20. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

mind if i ask where i can buy one of those?? looks awesome.

21. primavera

it’s on etsy! i think she said the maker was socal woodworks

22. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

awesome, thanks!

primavera likes this.
  23. MrCon

Got a Fulltone Plimsoul for my birthday. The worst part about it is that I've only had about 15 minutes to play with it. I've had it two weeks. Stupid adulting!

Aj LaGambina and jorbjorb like this.
  24. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Doing a build and I did my first stain coat, debating if I leave it as is (sort of a relic'd look) or do another coat.

I have spent far too long making this decision haha.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. MrCon

Pictures!