Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 36

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

I play way more acoustic guitar than I do electric. I also live in an apartment so I can’t really rip through an amp unless I’m at band practice

2. Kennedy

That Godin session custom 59 is what I would take if I could get anything right now

3. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Headphones my guy

Kennedy likes this.
  4. Kennedy

I’ve been doing this a lot lately actually. Something i didn’t ever do until I started recorded this thing I’m working on. I’ve actually been pleasantly surprised with some tones I’ve gotten by just plugging my guitar / pedals right into my audio interface

ComedownMachine likes this.
  5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

baritones are fun. tune low.

6. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

That is a beautiful guitar.

Kennedy likes this.
  7. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

Just order a bunch of parts and materials for a telecaster-esque build I've been planning for a while. Pretty excited for it.

Kennedy likes this.
  8. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Picked up a Joyo Deluxe Crunch from amazon today. Excited to plug it in. Rumor has it it's a Fulltone Plimsoul clone, which excites me because the Ultimate Drive I used to have from them was a spot-on OCD clone.

9. Kennedy

I use an OCD and love it

10. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

If you're comfortable with setting up a guitar and GC have a decent returns policy, you'll probably be OK. Alternatively, go through Riff City. From what I've heard, people have felt much better looked after with them.

primavera likes this.
  11. Texas Flood Apr 1, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2018)
    Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

I’m thinking about trading my Fender Tele in and getting either a Gibson SG or a Fender Jaguar HH. I’ve never owned a Gibson before which would be sweet but I’ve always been a Fender fan.

Decisions. Decisons.

12. Kennedy

Mexi tele?

13. Texas Flood

Mulva? Supporter

14. MrCon

My Friday Club Green Menace arrived yesterday. Only had about half an hour to test it last night, but I'm pretty pleased with it. It's meant to be a Tube Screamer clone, but I think it's got more guts to it than a usual TS. I've built a couple based around the Ibanez circuits and they've never sounded quite as big or had as much gain on tap. Maxing out the level into the front end of my Tweaker is immensely satisfying!

I also had a crack at polishing frets on a guitar I've had for 9 years. Thanks Phillip McKnight!

RobJGolde likes this.
  15. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I was at Guitar Center the other day and I was playing this butterscotch blonde, ash body MIM tele that was just under $600. It was incredible. The pickups were pretty hot, it had brass saddles and the neck wasn't too small or too big. Another cool thing I noticed was that the controls were flipped. The volume/tone controls were closer to the bridge so I could do swells easier, and the switch was behind them. I own an SG (which I really love), but I'd consider trading it in for that guitar honestly haha

Texas Flood likes this.
  16. RobJGolde

That dude's youtube channel is great. Very knowledgeable. I also love Darrell Braun's channel. His comparisons, technique tips and mod videos are top notch.

MrCon likes this.
  17. RobJGolde

Just picked up a new Wilkinson bridge for my tele with 3 compensated brass saddles, and a new 4-way wiring kit with new pots, jack and switch. HYPE.

aoftbsten likes this.
  18. primavera

bought a MIM jazz bass with upgraded seymour duncan quarter pound pickups. thing is dope as hell.

RobJGolde and Texas Flood like this.
  19. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I think I want a Godin Progression

Robk and Kennedy like this.
  20. RobJGolde

Siiiick. I have a Squier Vintage Modified 70s J Bass that I wanna upgrade the pickups on. I was thinking of going with a Seymour Duncan Apollo linear humbucker in the bridge then a vintage J bass pickup in the bridge. I also really would like to add a P-bass into my arsenal soon

21. RobJGolde

Thinking of selling my Ibanez Artcore Talman, Line 6 Spider III 120 watt amp (ew), and Gibson SG Classic, and using the money from that sale to buy a Fender Standard Plus Top Strat HSS. I’ve been thinking about that guitar ever since I played it at GC last week.

22. MrCon

I'm glad you put the ew after the spider. I pretty much shuddered as I read it. :crylaugh:

23. RobJGolde

Hahaha well the Ibanez and the amp are both total fixer-uppers that I figured a luthier/amp builder would want to have as a new project or something

24. Planning a new board thanks to my new summer job. FYI, the JHS Firefly is actually a Spring Tank. Pedalboard Planner is a little outdated.
    [​IMG]

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  25. primavera

upload_2018-4-21_0-32-8.jpeg

the bass buying boy has logged on