Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Guitar Thread • Page 18

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by troyplaysbass, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

I've played a couple. An ML-3 and an ML-1 Pro. I would guess that the Pro will be close to how the new Pro series will be, while the ML-3 I played will end up closer to the new Standard series (although, that is a total guess).

TBH, the ML-3 didn't really do it for me. I found it a bit rough and ready and didn't particularly care for a carved top T style guitar. The ML-1 Pro on the other hand was very nice. The choice of hardware and quality of fit and finish was really top notch for a guitar of that price bracket.

I'm wondering what will happen with the new line. On paper, the Pro series sounds like it's going to be very competitive. The blue burst ML2 looks absolutely great.

Best show us some pictures if you go ahead then, hadn't you. ;-)

goation likes this.
  2. goation

Regular

That was my experience as well. I didn't care for the ML-3 too much but I would have walked out with an ML1 Pro if I had the cash.

MrCon likes this.
  3. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

i did NOT buy the marauder, but insteaaaad got this guy:

[​IMG]

this is my first Jazzmaster. are there any players in here that use Jazzmasters / Jaguars? im interested in getting bridge tips from you

Sebas and Texas Flood like this.
  4. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

switch

5. Kennedy

say wha

6. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Switch the bridge to either a mustang or a mastery

7. Kennedy

you have a jazzmaster or jaguar and have done it?

8. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

yeah I have a jazzmaster, stock bridge was a no go

9. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I went with the mustang bridge on my Jag. That stopped all the buzz, and then using 11s prevented any strings from jumping out.

10. Kennedy

Where did do I buy a mustang bridge that's the right radius size to fit a jazzmaster?

11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I have the modified Mustang bridge from Warmoth on my Jag. Love it. It's different because you can adjust the height of each saddle, unlike the normal Mustang bridge.

Modified MustangĀ® Bridge, Chrome

12. jorbjorb

7 rings

eyeing up the 68 deluxe reverb at long and mcquade here in canada. damn our shitty dollar.

Your Milkshake likes this.
  13. Kennedy

Where do you live?

jorbjorb likes this.
  14. jorbjorb

7 rings

Winnipeg. Thing is about 1000USD which equals about 1400 CAD here.

15. Kennedy

Hmm, that actually looks really close to my stock bridge. Maybe I'll just wait till I get everything set up before I worry about the bridge to see how it is then

16. Kennedy

I feel you dude. It's tough for finding good prices for us! Luckily for me there is a local shop that has crazy prices all the time. I bought my Jazzmaster yesterday for $400 Canadian.

17. jorbjorb

7 rings

that is a steal man. enjoy it! go jets go

18. Kennedy

I don't hate the jets hehe

jorbjorb likes this.
  19. MrCon

I was trying to describe myself to someone

What model is that? I can't see one on the Fender website which has the humbucker bridge and the jazz neck.

20. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Blacktop Jazzmaster

21. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

kinda ashamed at how hard viridian (btbam song) was to learn at first but I got the hang of it mostly after like four or five hours of practice and it's the most fun I've had playing guitar in many months

wish they had more songs like that one

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

New amp day. It's been a long time coming. Haven't had an amp for over a year

68 DRRI

[​IMG]

23. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

anyone here use an EHX Soul Food?

24. Jose

weightless in the valley

anyone got any experience with Monikers?

25. CellarGhosts

Trusted Prestigious

I did, until it broke. Not sure what happened to it, but up until then it was a pretty great transparent drive. Thinking about maybe getting it fixed and then having the JHS mod installed.