Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Great Tank Top Purge (Episode 118)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

On this week’s episode of Encore we start by talking a little about the Academy Awards, do some follow-up on last weeks “best 10 albums of the last 15 years,” and then tackle some reader questions. Thomas recounts his history with Set Your Goals, we give some updated thoughts on The Wonder Years’ last album, and we look at how we’ve changed or matured how we handle conversations on the forums. We talk a bit about “where to start” with different forms of art by well known musicians or authors or filmmakers and then get into some of the big news over the last week: Transit have broken up, Yellowcard are back with Hopeless, and The Hotelier have released the track listing and album art for their new album. We end with some talk of Rolling Stone’s top 40 emo albums and The 1975 aiming for that number one spot on two charts. And there’s the return of the siren. Rejoice.

You can subscribe to this podcast in iTunes, via any podcast player using our RSS feed, on SoundCloud, via Overcast, on YouTube, or on Stitcher. You can also find all of our previous episodes archived on our podcast page, iTunes, and on SoundCloud.

Listen Now

Hosts + More

If you have any follow-up, questions, or a topic you’d like us to cover on a future episode, please send a tweet using the hashtag #askEncore. If you’d like to follow this podcast on Twitter we are at @encorepodcast. We love hearing from listeners and are always looking for topics both big and small to tackle. So, let us know!

If you like the podcast, could you please rate and review us on iTunes? It really does help. If you’re using the great podcast player Overcast, please hit the “recommended” button on the episodes you like. And if you have any friends that you think would like our podcast, please let them know! Word of mouth and telling people about this podcast will always be the best thing you can do to help us out. We really appreciate it.

Email us if you’re interesting in promoting a good or service via a sponsorship on our podcast.

The post The Great Tank Top Purge (Episode 118) appeared first on chorus.fm.

The full article can be found on chorus.fm

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

3. Not this week, I got really busy with stuff here and didn't have time to put the document together with topics.

4. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

I need a new Encore fix!

5. So you and Thomas recorded an episode that was never posted? Can Supporters hear it? Hehehe. We don't need show notes or fancy editing or anything.

6. i meant the document that we do the show off of - the prep work for what it will be about. Adding in questions and topics before we record so we know what we're talking about.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. Ahhhhhh I see I see