Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Grateful Dead Thread Band • Page 23

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Wharf Rat, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Go see Goose!!! Wow!!

2. Wharf Rat

nl5011 and Drewski like this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

honestly his IG videos are so inspiring. he gets after it.

Wharf Rat and Drewski like this.
  4. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

It’s almost a throwaway quote but it’s interesting how his experiences with Jerry vs. his own body informed his motivation to take care of himself.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  5. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Mickey Hart invented rap

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. Wharf Rat

not sure whether this thread or the phish thread is better suited to be "the jam band thread" but since this is my thread i'll put this here, amazing cover, bummed I just missed it the other night. @OhTheWater

OhTheWater likes this.
  7. Wharf Rat

Lol Goose just sold out the Bowery in 5 minutes

phaynes12 likes this.
  8. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Wild, glad I bought presale.

Was at the show last night (fiance and I dressed as Adriana and Christopher from The Sopranos). Good show, I think They Love Each Other was the highlight—John really let it rip on that one. Eyes and Playin' were also fun.

But man...holy SHIT the chompers at these shows. During the quiet moments all you can hear is people fucking chatting. It sucks.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat

Need pics of your costumes (if you're comfortable)! Mayer always kills TLEO, definitely one of my favorite songs for D&C versions. Setlist looked great. I guess chompers are kinda the trade off for shows like this, lots of people there to party and if they have the money to drop on D&C just to party....they're more likely to be assholes, lol. Were you on the floor? I feel like its worse there, we've had some chompers at the shows I've been to but never enough to ruin anything. But I've also never seen D&C on the floor so maybe it's a different experience.

I also grabbed a Goose ticket but I'm not 100% I'll be going. Hope so though

10. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Weren't on the floor. We were in my work box and then did second set in 106.

And for sure, here you go:

[​IMG]

Wharf Rat and WordsfromaSong like this.
  11. Wharf Rat

Great stuff lmao I appreciate the commitment to the neck brace

Drewski and phaynes12 like this.
  12. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Officially going to see Goose on Sunday.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  13. Wharf Rat

Hell yeah report back

14. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

More good Jerry and Brent content.

15. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

So Goose are pretty damn good, definitely gonna get really popular in the jam scene in the next few years. The venue I saw them at was sold out and it was by far the most people I'd ever seen packed into that place. Sometimes they get a little too rave-y for me but their playing is pretty far beyond any of the other younger bands. Gonna be interesting to watch them grow and see how they develop their sound.

16. Wharf Rat

Yeah it's crazy how much they're selling, I hope it doesn't bite them in the ass somehow in the future. Hype dies down eventually, you just gotta hope you keep enough of the curious people interested long term. Like it's not inconceivable to me that next year they book bigger venues based on this year's sellouts and it doesn't go as well. But I hope the best obviously

I like the ravey stuff personally but that's definitely valid, there's a lot about them that I personally like that I would totally understand people not liking...which is another reason their blowing up has been kind of surprising. I think I read an interview where they said they have 2 records they're working on, they got a lot to live up to so I hope they're good. I think they have at least one album's worth of stuff they've been playing but not recorded, so I hope that means they're ready to add a LOT of songs into the rotation because they definitely still have the catalog of a young band and need to expand it. Glad you had fun tho

WordsfromaSong likes this.
  17. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Just chiming in to say that Ripple is one of the greatest songs ever. Love that song.

tomdelonge and Wharf Rat like this.
  18. Wharf Rat

DaydreamNation likes this.
  19. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Goose are streaming the show I was at in Richmond right now

Wharf Rat likes this.
  20. Wharf Rat

21. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Been rocking this show the last few days, second set is gold. The retro trippy visual effects in the video are pretty good too.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  22. Wharf Rat

Didn't post this in here bc I'm sure most of us saw but in case they didn't some good deadhead journalists and twitter follows are doing a pod where they discuss every Dick's Picks release in order, first ep was great

phaynes12 likes this.
  23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Ok fine @Wharf Rat ill come back to chorus just to say I’m going to listen to this band finallyb

Wharf Rat likes this.
  24. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Currently bumping skull and roses on a road trip, my friends are very mad that they’re being forced to hear sweet jams

DaydreamNation and Wharf Rat like this.
  25. Wharf Rat

let us know how it goes bb

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.