Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Graduate Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Aug 5, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Because a band this great deserves a thread. Anhedonia and especially Only Every Time are scene classics. I've been listening to Only Every Time a ton the last few days, and it amazes me how few people I know have even heard of this band.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Just threw on Anhedonia for the first time in forever the other day. Miss these guys.

anonimito, beachdude and KidLightning like this.
  3. My favorite band for most of high school.

anonimito, beachdude and KidLightning like this.
  4. solxace

oh word?

So good. It sucks I just got into this band tho :(

anonimito likes this.
  5. Gooddayz

always and forever

I heard this band mentioned in the circa thread, so I just listened to Don't Die Digging.. What the heckkkkk??? Why didn't I ever hear about this band before? This is right up my alley, amazing song!

Kuri44, anonimito, solxace and 5 others like this.
  6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Listen to that entire album!!!!!

7. Probably a very unpopular opinion, but Don't Die Digging is pretty easily my least favorite song on OET

8. Gooddayz

always and forever

I did! Some early favs were Stuck (Inside My Head), Choke and All At Once

9. celluloid dreams

Regular

I really wish Only Every Time was a bigger success within the scene. Something on par with TDS's Reach for the Sun maybe. I think Choke is my favorite song but Stuck (Inside My Head), Permanent Tourists, End of the World Delight and For the Missing are right up there too.

If you like Only Every Time as much as I do, I can't recommend American Empire by The Sun and the Sea enough. Mostly the same members as The Graduate with a different singer. They've unfortunately disbanded as well, but not before they made a really good record.

10. Yeah that sun and the sea record is very good. The singer even sounds like Corey in a lot of parts, so it really is like basically listening to the same band haha

11. All of the Sun and Sea is still together as Starwolf. Very different style of music though.

12. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

The Graduate is still perhaps my favorite band I've ever discovered as a result of this site. Only Every Time is such an incredible album, and I return to it all the time and recommend it constantly. As happy as I am that Matt is in The Dangerous Summer, I feel a little sad because there almost certainly won't be a Graduate reunion anytime soon.

13. brentkid

Regular

Holy crap I need to revisit these guys today.

anonimito and beachdude like this.
  14. Gooddayz

always and forever

I'm not into TDS, but I heard the new record and there were some cool guitar parts. Makes sense now knowing Matt is with them, but yeah The Graduate were a cool find last year.

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Just bought their live DVD on ebay. So excited. Thought I may never get to watch it.

Corey will probably never go back to music, he's pretty happy with his kids and the videogame industry now. Makes me sad but I'm glad he's still doing what he loves even if that's not music.

16. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Anhedonia is such a great record.

trevorshmevor, anonimito and Matt504 like this.
  17. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Anhedonia was so damn good, and Only Every Time was solid but I felt like it was missing something. Wish we could get a re-release of Anhedonia on vinyl...

lostawholeyear and anonimito like this.
  18. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

I could never get into Only Every Time. Anhedonia is nearly perfect though. I'm bummed that I never got to see them live.

19. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

Saw them live twice, they were great both times...

anonimito likes this.
  20. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I remember seeing them once on tour with The Audition headlining with Monty Are I and New Atlantic and The Graduate opening up.

21. This one (Interlude 2.0) still blows my mind a decade later

troyplaysbass likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wtf do I have to do to get Anhedonia on spotify huh?

23. Kuri44

Just now checked this band out for the first time (thanks to the AP.net “unofficial”/“unconfirmed Top albums of 2010 list) and damn I’ve been missing out! This band is great

24. anonimito

Abelian Supporter

It really got my hopes up to see the thread bumped, but now I'm off to listen to Anhedonia again, so it was a good thing after all. B-)

beachdude and Kuri44 like this.
  25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My heart skips a few beats everytime I see this thread bumped. But yes The Graduate is one of my all time great music discoveries. Got to show them to all my friends who in turn reaffirmed they fuckin rule.

beachdude and anonimito like this.