Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Governors Ball Music Festival 2019 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by ArmsLikeTeeth, Nov 28, 2018.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the headliners are Foo Fighters - Cardi B - The 1975- Vampire Weekend.

ryanfears likes this.
  2. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

The headliner will be Sonic Youth performing their entire discography throughout all three days.

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  3. The 1975 headlining would be amazing

rbarlyo and falafelmywaffle like this.
  4. manoverboard365

Trusted

The 1975 are definitely playing, based on their tour routing skipping NYC but conveniently leaving this weekend open. Just a question of if they're gonna headline or sub. Personally I think it's time they take the leap to headliner status.

And yeah I know it's weird for Cardi to be headlining with only one album out, but she's absolutely massive. To put in perspective she's currently headlining all those iHeartradio Jingle Ball concerts next month.....last year those were headlined by Taylor Swift.

ryanfears likes this.
  5. I think this could come today or tomorrow.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'm guessing it's coming next week.

With the Coachella announcement, I'm gonna make my final guess for headliners as Kids See Ghosts - Florence & The Machine - Tame Impala. sub spots go to The 1975 and Solange.

7. Tame Impala is in Europe that whole weekend - Primavera in Spain and then another festival in Paris. Kanye also said he's not doing Festivals "anymore" but I wonder if Gov will be an exception since KSG was likely booked for this before he pulled out of Coachella.

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ah yeah I forgot about Tame playing Primavera. And now that I think of it, Gambino would make the perfect sense. He's on his final tour, did the arenas last year and will close it out with the festivals this year.

Personally I'd prefer no KSG as Kanye makes me angry now but someone on reddit who's been pretty reliable with scoops in the past is saying they are in.

ryanfears likes this.
  9. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

Last year’s Gov Ball was subtly really awesome. Gaslight Anthem, Manchester Orchestra, Menzingers... was a riot.

10. fowruok

Trusted Supporter

Lineup tomorrow at 8 am.

11. estacey99

Oh yeah, oh yeah, everything is terrible.

[​IMG]

12. The 1975 is all I care about but lol at Hundredth playing.

Brockhampton is cool but not enough to pay for Friday as well.

13. rbarlyo

wawa defender

I want to see a total of three artists on this lineup, but it would result in paying for two days. Honestly hoping Boston Calling is better

ryanfears likes this.
  14. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Fuck me, that's better than I expected. Strokes and Charli on the same day is niceee

15. red8ge

Regular

stoked for Hundredth

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  16. red8ge

Regular

will this finally be the year weather isn't fucking disgusting at the fest??? probably not

Fronnyfron likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow, I think this lineup is terrible.

Wayne, The 1975, Kacey Musgraves and Charli XCX are all I'd care about seeing. I love The Strokes so much but give me a fucking break this is their 3rd time headlining the festival in 5 years and they have been playing the same set.

falafelmywaffle and Maddy like this.
  18. MegT585

Trusted

I really hope Florence and The Machine doing this means there will be some other dates of hers popping up. She’s one of my favorite people to see live.

19. Fronnyfron

Woke Up Right Handed Prestigious

Blood Orange, Mitski, Vince, Clairo, Tyler, US Girls, Sunflower Bean, RBCF, Voidz, SZA, Cautious Clay, Noname, Kaytranada, Lord Huron are very good acts.

Everyone should check out more artists they aren't familiar with; you'll def find that this has pretty good depth each day. It's not punk or rock-heavy but that doesn't make it shitty.

Mary V likes this.
  20. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

This is so good wow this and Coachella are getting me excited for this fest season. Tyler, Lil Wayne, Brockhampton, Blood Orange, the Internet, Mitski, and Hippo Campus? That's a great day. Florence, the 1975, Kacey Musgraves, Vince Staples, Saba? SZA, Kaytranada, Sheck Wes, a Joey Bada$$/Flatbush collab, Noname, Charli XCX, Soccer Mommy? Every day has at least 5 artists I'd be very excited to see.

Fronnyfron likes this.
  21. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Really was hoping for a Strokes MSG show instead. Although the other year I saw them at the Capitol Theater the week or two before Gov Bal, so who knows? Would have been a dream if it was 1975 -> Strokes in same day. As it stands, I might go Sunday. Maybe. It's always a last-minute decision.

22. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

hmmmmm

perhaps

maybeee

23. SPine

Trusted

I hope The Strokes play more than just festivals this year.

Drewski likes this.
  24. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'd go Saturday only if the schedule has no conflicts for Florence, The 1975, Kacey and Vince.