Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Governors Ball Music Festival 2018 Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by manoverboard365, Jan 3, 2018.

1. manoverboard365

Trusted

[​IMG]

2. SPine

Trusted

Real solid. Gaslight Anthem though

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

bottom lines suck and the top lines suck, solid mid level though

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

def only doing Gaslight's day. hard to budget out festival money for bands like Menz, ManOrch that I can catch on headliners for $30. going to openly sob for Gaslight and can't wait

jlinitz likes this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can't believe we're at the point where Travis Scott is a headliner. Yawn.

I'd be pumped for Em, Jack, YYYs, NERD, Chvrches, Wolf Alice, Manchester Orchestra, Japandroids, 3eb and Middle Kids. Hope theres some crossover with Bonnaroo.

jlinitz and electro haikus like this.
  6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

If Gaslight, Menz, Japandroids, ManOrch, Alvvays, 3EB and Brockhampton end up on the same day, which I know isn't going to happen I would definitely go

ALT/MSC/FAN likes this.
  7. Wonder who the covered up artist is. I wish it was The 1975, seeing as MFC comes out June 1st, but I think they'd be higher up.

8. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Eminem, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, N.E.R.D., CHVRCHES, Gaslight Anthem, Post Malone, Silk City, Manchester Orchestra, DRAM, 2 Chainz, Japandroids, Kelela, Third Eye Blind, Brockhampton, Amine, Alvvays and Menzingers sounds like a really fun weekend.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  9. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Dangg, major props to whoever called Gaslight Anthem playing 59 Sound in the original thread about lineup hints (high-top sneakers & sailor tattoos)

10. jlinitz

John Linitz @jlinitz

Agreed, I didn't know Travis Scott was THAT big. Tried to get into him the other day and he didn't do it for me.

11. PatRFinley

Early Onset Grump LFGM Supporter

So fucking ready for all the Gaslight shows that are gonna come with this

electro haikus likes this.
  12. TMS2787 Jan 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2018)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Goddamn… give me The ‘59 Sound shows please. I’ll drive up to six hours if I have too.

13. Saephon

Regular

Holding out hope that this is only one of several Gaslight Anthem performances this year. Be on the lookout for a Riot Fest date, methinks.

14. thisisnotbrianm Jan 3, 2018
    (Last edited: Jan 3, 2018)
    thisisnotbrianm

Regular

Assuming the blocked out name is LCD Soundsystem based on being able to see the tops of the first 3 letters

EDIT: probably not them but gonna do some digging.

15. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you can kinda see the top of a fourth without a space though

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

LCD isn't getting billed below Halsey, YYYs, or NERD. Lets be real.

17. TMS2787

Trusted

This is a really good line-up, IMO. I would love to go this but I’m sure I won’t end up there. Just hoping I’ll be able to see TGA this summer at some point.

18. Professor Plumbob

Trusted Supporter

Really hoping that Manchester Orchestra / Mezingers combo hits firefly this year. I’m also a sucker for Post Malone.

19. cwhit

If Phoenix could top line last year Travis Scott easily can

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

My feelings exactly. If Phoenix could headline in 2017 and Vampire Weekend in 2014, then Travis certainly can too.

SPine likes this.
  21. SPine

Trusted

You'd be surprised how many teenagers are obsessed with Travis Scott

22. cwhit

he got very close to the same reaction kendrick did on their tour

23. TerrancePryor

https://mp3sandnpcs.com/ Prestigious

You have to remember this is NYC. A band like Phoenix can easily pack Madison Square Garden (FACT: they actually did sell out MSG with a surprise appearance from Daft Punk almost eight years ago).

SPine likes this.
  24. cwhit

travis scott is still significantly larger, that was the point. not that phoenix is small but that travis scott is much larger

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

True, but that was 8 years ago, when they were touring at the height of their career with an album that eventually went platinum. On there next tour 3 years later they played Barclays Center and it was far from a sellout (think I read 9k tickets were sold). Then last year for Govball they toured on an album that was a complete dud commercially. I think its more shocking to see Phoenix on top of a bill in 2017 than Travis Scott on top in 2018, no matter what city.