Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Governors Ball 2016 (Randall's Island Park, NYC) Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

[​IMG]

2. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

I've got my tickets! Anybody else going?

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'll be there! I have a three day pass, but I'm thinking I may sell it and just buy a single day for Friday and Sunday.

Not much exciting going on Saturday to justify the cost for me.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

They updated the mobile app with the schedule. Only big conflicts for me are:

Miguel vs. Haim
    M83 vs. Killers
    Courntey Barnett vs. Chvrches
    Gary Clark Jr vs. Two Door Cinema Club
    Death Cab vs. Kanye

5. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If you choose Death Cab over Kanye, I don't know what to tell you.

6. manoverboard365

Trusted

I actually am choosing Death Cab lol.

Love Kanye, saw him a govball 2013 and 3 times on the Yeezus tour, but I honestly can't stand the new album. And DCFC is one of my all time favorite bands and the whole outdoors/nightime set sounds really appealing for their style.

Maybe if the set is too familiar to their last show in NYC i'll leave and catch the end of Ye.

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

confused how you can love kanye and all of his recent stuff and still not be able to stand the new one

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ultra light Beams, Famous, Real Friends and No More Parties are great. FML is pretty good too. But the rest of that album was such a let down for me. Especially lyrically. A lot of the songs start off with amazing beats, and then as soon as he opens his mouth I cringe.

9. cwhit

complain about lyrics but famous is one of your favorites? feel like nothing is really that different from 10's kanye for the most part

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh the lyrics are atrocious in Famous as well, but that Sister Nancy sample more than makes up for it. And I gotta disagree I think he had some good bars on MBDTF and even Yeezus had some good lyrical moments (a lot of bad ones too).

I'm not trying to argue with anyone lol to each their own I just personally couldnt get into the new album.

11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough. I personally loved TLOP (and all of Kanye's other work) so I can't wait to see some of that stuff performed live when he finally tours again. Hopefully you get to catch some of both sets.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I'm actually anticipating sound bleed issues. If so I might leave DCFC early and catch the second half of Ye.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone know if this is ever live streamed?

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Nah they said it's too expensive for a festival of their size to do a live stream.

15. cwhit

but the big three festivals usually live stream lol

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah govball only has a 55k capacity, while Coach, Lolla and Roo are all around 100k. But I bet now that livenation acquired them it will be streamed starting next year.

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

My schedule is looking like:

Friday - Elle King > Bully > Christine & the Queens > Action Bronson > Big Grams or OMAM > Beck > Bloc Party > Strokes

Saturday - Catfish & the Bottlemen > Against Me > Miguel or Haim > Purity Ring > M83 (and the end of The Killers)

Sunday - Cold War Kids > Courntey Barnett > Gary Clark Jr > Death Cab For Cutie

18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I'm upset about M83 conflicting with the Killers, and Robyn conflicting with The Strokes.

19. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Might I also suggest Big Grams > OMAM

20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I think I'm gonna do Big Grams. I'm a big OMAM fan, but Big Grams probably won't tour ever again.

21. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

The Miike Snow vs. Purity Ring conflict is brutal. Almost as bad is CHVRCHES vs. Courtney Barnett

22. Phil507

Unless you're a die-hard Strokes fan, go see Robyn. I dig the Strokes but they don't do much live.

23. Phil507

Gonna be a busy 3 days:

FRIDAY:

The Londol Souls

Public Access TV

Elle King

Bully

Years & Years/Christine & The Queens (unsure on this one, both are light fluffy dance pop)

Bob Moses

Of Monsters & Men (conflicts with Big Grams who I think you’re into, no?)

Father John Misty

Beck

Bloc Party/Jamie XX (probably splitting the sets on this one)

The Stokres (sorry Robyn)

SATURDAY:

Torres

Catfish & The Bottlemen

Misterwives

Lord Huron

Against Me!

Haim

Miike Snow (conflicts with Purity Ring…tough choice)

M83/Killers (could go either way on this one, any thoughts?)

SUNDAY:

Bat For Lashes

Cold War Kids

Eagles Of Death Metal

Chvrches (TOUGH conflict, they are currently just slightly edging out Courtney Barnett)

Two Door Cinema Club (maybe a bit of Gary Clarke Jr. during)

Chet Faker

Death Cab For Cutie (sorry Kanye)

24. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I also was thinking Of Mice and Men originally then I realized I'm dumb and you meant Of Monsters and Men, which would be MUCH better, but I'd still choose Big Grams.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

A "surprise guest" set has been added to the schedule for 6:30 on Sunday. Someone who knows who it is told me it's gonna be "epic, don't miss." Seems to be a rapper but the suspense is killing me.