Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Gospel Youth - Always Lose (July 14, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by beachdude, Jul 13, 2017.

1. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    1. I Will Deliver You To the Fireflies
    2. Gin and Black Coffee
    3. Wildfire
    4. Tired Eyes and Heavy Hearts
    5. Your Love Was a Cancer
    6. Revolutions
    7. Moods Like English Weather
    8. Kids
    9. Spirit of Boston
    10. Bloodlines//Love Stopped Me Coming Home

2. beachdude

Excellent new pop punk band from the UK, this album really is one of the best pop punk records I've heard in recent years. Sort of a mix of The Wonder Years and some poppier influences, along with vocals reminiscent of early Panic/Fall Out Boy. The vocalist is really superb, and elevates a lot of these songs with his top-notch performances.

3. atlas

Trusted

This record is pretty good. As you said, the vocals are what elevate this above most of the other bands of their ilk. He has a fantastic and really rich voice.

beachdude42 likes this.
  4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Sams first band, Fleeing From Finales were legit

beachdude42 likes this.
  5. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Heard a lot about these but just heard a song on YouTube (Tired Eyes) and it's so good. Definitely already converted to these guys.

beachdude42 likes this.
  6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Just listened to the full album. Damn. This is so good.

I Will Lead You To The fireflies is a gorgeous opener, and Wildfire is absolutely brilliant, even if the lyrics in the chorus are perhaps a little cliché. Tired Eyes has the albums best chorus and the slower song (is it called Revolutions?) really got to me lyrically.

This feels like the kind of band modern British pop rock has been missing. I can't think of a band other than Deaf Havana who manage to do pop rock THIS well. Hopefully when bands like You Me At Six's bland rubbish fades, bands like these can take over their popularity.

beachdude42 likes this.
  7. beachdude

Been bumping this album quite a bit... this song has really struck a chord with me:

8. beachdude

I totally agree with all of what you said, especially the comparison to Deaf Havana who I absolutely adore.

9. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I'm listening to this right now, it's good

10. lina555

Regular

How do I like this album cover! And the content itself is just fine. It is great for the autumn mood!

11. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this band will probably go on to do big things here in the UK, although it might take another album cycle.

beachdude42 likes this.
  12. something you should be made aware of if you're a fan of this band: allegations of sexual misconduct against singer Sam Little surfaced today. Untitled

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah saw this earlier. The fact he admitted it, and some of the stuff he says in there, is fucking gross. So disappointing.

14. DickyCullz

15. DickyCullz

just read Sam's statement. Dude sounds like a tool

16. beachdude

I just saw that these guys had dropped a new single with a new singer... was wondering what happened to Sam and saw all the news from earlier this year. Jesus Christ, what a scumbag.