Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Wife TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Craig Manning, May 8, 2016.

1. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Series finale tonight. Anyone watching?

2. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This is going to be a very unpopular series finale, but I think I actually liked it. At the very least, it was an interesting curveball because I totally thought it was just going to end with Alicia running off with Jason and I would have found that to be boring.

3. Well that was something. I can't believe we had to put up with that dumb trial for so long only for Peter to plea out to probation.

4. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

They definitely could have found something more interesting to prosecute him for too. We watched this guy rig elections, but the big endgame is some boring trial about covering up evidence from a case we never saw?

5. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I guess I don't hate that ending. I thought they might leave her with no friends or love interests, but the promise of power in the future. It's a pretty dark way to go. But fuck, this episode was among the most rushed pieces of television I've ever seen. So much glossed over. So many questions just not answered. So many "That was it?" moments. Pretty disappointing, all around.

6. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I don't know how I feel about the finale yet. I feel like they could have wrapped the series up better than this given they had so much time to plan it in advance.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

8. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I am all in for that Diane spinoff. It's especially fitting considering she essentially became the good wife herself at the end of the finale.

9. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

Yeeah i don't know about the ending or spinoffs.

The ending had some good moments like actually giving Carey a sorta happy ending by being a teacher, but Alicia doing what she did to Diane was so out of character. It's like the creators wanted us to hater her by the end. And while I am a big fan of Will, I think it was a bit too much of him. We had this huge build up for a trial only to have nothing of consequence come out of it.

As far as spin offs are concerned, I can't see them continuing it without having Alicia around, unless they have some throwaway line about her running off with Jason. If they do end up going that route they may as well have just had that be a part of the series finale instead giving us what we got.

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I would love it if this basically just became The Good Wife without the Florricks and Eli.

12. I'm really on the fence about this spin off.

13. tucah

not champ Prestigious

14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

As long as nobody runs for office, I'm in.

15. Screw the law too. I want a PI show with Kalinda and Robin. And Marissa can run their office.

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

This looks really good

17. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Good Wife kind of floundered the last year or two but I do miss it. The Good Fight seems like it'll fill the void perfectly, I love Diane and that trailer was great.

18. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The Good Fight starts tonight - the first episode on CBS, which will be the only one aired on TV and an uncensored version and the second episode on CBS All Access. I'm actually pretty excited, Diane was always one of my favorite (and Marissa is a main cast member, which is just the best) and the reviews seem to confirm that it continues a lot of the good character work and crazy courtroom drama that made the series great (and presumably no election plot line that made the series less than great!). I'm ready to go back into that world.

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I'm pretty hyped. Reviews have been good too.

20. First episode was fantastic.

21. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Dug both episodes quite a bit. It's a lot more focused and sharp than the last few seasons of The Good Wife.

22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

About to watch the first two now, both of you digging it has me really excited.

23. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Only got around to the first episode but loved it. Shouldn't really need to be said, but the standout of the episode was Christine Baranski. Not only because she had the most screentime, but it was just wonderful to see her as Diane again, getting little moments for everything I love about the character - the vulnerable Diane from her tender conversations with Gary Cole (who better show up again despite the divorce, glad they touched upon that hanging question from TGW), the angry Diane on a mission once she's told she can't return to...whatever the firm is called now, the flirty and joyful Diane with her infectious laugh during some moments with the partner at her new firm whose name escapes me at the moment. The setup is fine but I'm excited to see Diane with something to prove, should be a lot of fun.

Rose Leslie was good as the new face among the starring trio and I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop her character, and it was nice to see Cush Jumbo as Lucca again even if we didn't get a ton from her though I expect that will change in the near future. Overall, really excited to have the Kings' version of the law and Chicago back, this was definitely a very promising start.

24. Elsbeth is the best. This show has been great so far.

25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Elsbeth doing her thing is always a joy, great episode this week.