Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I'm still torn on season 2, all the growth should be gone and the mystery already revealed. There are ways they can make it engaging but I'm already frustrated with the concept.

Contender likes this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That seems like a pretty close minded opinion for an entire season of TV that hasn't even been written yet

alina likes this.
  3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Figured this would be renewed by very happy to have it official

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

mad, Contender and tdlyon like this.
  6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I've always loved reading Schur interviews, he explains things so well

7. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. I'm 100% the opposite. Now the show can finally get interesting.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"I think part of the reason we got all the way to the end without the big twist being spoiled on a grand scale is that no one was really looking for it. We are now operating under the assumption that people are looking and guessing and trying to get ahead of us, so we have to either be extra-surprising, or else come all the way around to not being 'twist-y' at all, but rather tell different sorts of stories that themselves feel fresh and interesting."

This is (one of the many reasons) why I hate the internet/why we can't have nice things.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  9. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

While I can't say I saw HOW they did the twist coming, I was thinking about it from like episode two. I can't have been the only one.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  10. Anthony_ Mar 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2017)
    Anthony_

I was mostly just commenting on how frustrating I find it when people online have to aggressively try to guess where shows are going just so they can say "I told you so" when it happens how they predicted. Not saying you did this, just in general. Reading the Man In Black fan theory was a spoiler and kind of hurt Westworld for me. It really would have ruined this show for me too. The Westworld debacle is why I'm done reading fan theories of literally anything anymore. Another example was the twist in Mr. Robot last season, when it turned out that Elliot was in prison the entire time. I had no idea because I wasn't actively trying to guess anything about what was happening (I prefer to just experience shows without trying to guess the twists), and never saw any theories of that being the case, but apparently it was a very common fan theory that had been all over the internet prior to the reveal. I was so thankful I never saw it.

Basically, all I was saying was that thanks to the internet, essentially crowd-sourcing plot spoilers through accurate fan theories has become way, way too commonplace. Just my opinion, though.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  11. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Yep. That's about when I started to suspect WHAT the twist likely was. I then kinda forgot about it towards the end haha

12. I watched all of this in the past week and absolutely loved it. Really interested to see where it goes in season 2.

13. White May 5, 2017
    (Last edited: May 5, 2017)
    White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

The existence of this show somehow remained unknown to me until this morning and now I'm 4 episodes in and it's one of my favourite things ever.

My heart is soaring.

ChaseTx, Contender, kbeef2 and 3 others like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

moving to Tuesdays at 9:30 in the fall

15. iCarly Rae Jepsen

huh now it isn't, still 8:30 Thursdays followed by Will and Grace and Great News

Colby Searcy and Contender like this.
  16. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Weird

17. Anthony_

Season 2 premiere is Thursday, September 28 at 8:30 p.m. NBC is back to peacocking comedy on Thursday night.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  19. Anthony_

Man, I feel really bad for anyone thinking of getting into this show lately. It really seems like all bets are off in terms of spoilers for the end of the first season everywhere on the internet. Like that Vulture article's headline, come on. And the write-up for the show on the AV Club's list of best 2017 TV shows thus far is a bit spoiler-y as well.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

season 1 will be on Netflix on August 29th

21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Very pleasantly surprised this will be on Netflix.

Any news about a DVD yet?

22. irthesteve

suicidesaints, JRGComedy and tdlyon like this.
  23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

24. irthesteve

We should be able to announce all the bonuses like that real soon, you shouldn't be dissapointed though ;-)

tdlyon and tucah like this.
  25. iCarly Rae Jepsen