Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 69

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. mad

I was right. Prestigious

god the latest episode made me cryyyy

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

So on a whim I stumbled upon some articles talking about initial castings. Wondering how much of this stuff is just things that changed during intitial development and how much was just Schur fucking with people:

‘Good Place’: British Presenter Jameela Jamil Cast In Mike Schur NBC Series – Deadline

‘Good Place’: UCB Performer D’Arcy Carden Cast In Mike Schur NBC Series – Deadline

‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts Manny Jacinto – Deadline

Overall plot description and descriptions of Michael and Eleanor definitely seems like intentionally being very vague and misleading in order to not give anything away.

The Jason description seems fairly spot on. Chidi and Tahani also mostly fit just with name changes which kinda makes sense ("Chidi Anagonye" boxes you in a lot more to the kind of person you can cast for the role).

And then the Janet description is almost certainly Schur having a laugh but part of me wants to believe its still true.

3. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Janet Della-Denunzio is a super Parks & Rec character name lol

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

5. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Alright allllll caught up.

Lot of uneven-ness this season, and I see I’m not alone there. Though wow I loved ep9, and continue to adore this show.

Also Tahani always name dropping celebs she knows is never not funny. I love it so much.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  6. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I feel like Tahani has namedropped Timothee Chalamet more than anyone, and it has to be solely because of his pretentious sounding name.

It also reminds me of Jenna on 30 Rock constantly namedropping Mickey O’Rourke

CarpetElf and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

My girlfriend has only watched a few episodes of this season with me but none of the other seasons and she started crying so much because of the letter at the end of the last one lol.

That was episode was so good, I'm sad we aren't getting a new one until January.

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

back tonight

supernovagirl likes this.
  9. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I really can't believe I'm saying this, but I'll probably wait until the weekend to watch this one. I'm 4 episodes away from finishing You and am way too invested at this point :crylaugh:. Had no idea it was back tonight before today

Colby Searcy and supernovagirl like this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

So excitedddd, can't believe the series is done this month :tear:

morgantayler and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

what if there's a version where they only have rap rock as music, bunch of Limp Bizkits around Emperor Kid Rock
    Joanie loves Tchotchkes
    Timothy!
    or my complete inability to pull of the mod look, I know that's not my biggest shortcoming but it's one of them

12. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

WHAT THE FUCK, I just missed the new episode because they moved it to 7:30 instead of 8:00, I'm so pissed

RyanPm40 likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Omg the judge is me hahahaha

EASheartsVinyl and supernovagirl like this.
  14. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

OMG the Justified vs. Good Place crossover! I will miss this show so much.

15. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I feel like this should have been the cliffhanger instead of the last episode, though I get it was a scheduling thing lol

I called the Olyphant cameo before it happened lol. This was a great episode for a multitude of reasons, really feels like we're entering the end game. I don't think Shawn is done being the villain though

supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  16. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

Still some kinks to work in

lmao

RyanPm40 and Jake W like this.
  17. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I can't fucking believe they got Olyphant for this, I was dyingg. That was a hell of a way to introduce him lmao.

I miss Santa Clarita Diet.

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

EASheartsVinyl and Jake W like this.
  19. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I legit squealed lmao and my dude I was watching with was like “I knew they were gonna do that!” And honestly I did not lmao but I almost cried
    And then used it as a springboard to beg my dude to watch justified finally with me

EASheartsVinyl and Jake W like this.
  21. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Olyphant's interjections when they were trying to lay out the plan made me laugh every single time

22. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Fantastic episode. The olyphant stuff was great, but confident roller skating Chidi was the best.

23. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I love how deflanderized Chidi was in this episode.

Also "Shut up. Shut up, I'm confident now" will always make me laugh.

mad, EASheartsVinyl, clucky and 4 others like this.
  24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Redo Good Omens but with Michael as Aziraphale and Shawn as Crowley

Also redo the good place with Tennant and Sheen

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Redo Cheers but with Sheen and Tennant
    Redo Dr. Who but with Michael and Shawn
    Redo Little Women but with Sheen, Shawn, Tennant, and Michael

EASheartsVinyl and clucky like this.