Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 68

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Miles away from "favorite ever" but obviously was a fun episode. I can't imagine a bottle episode without the main cast being an all time fav, but that's cool yo

supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it was a sweet episode and one of the better episodes of the season but it wasn't even the best episode of the last two episodes.

Also bummed about the haitus my sister is visiting next week and I was excited to get to watch a new episode with her :verysad:

RyanPm40 likes this.
  3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

my counterpoint to this: it was neither a bottle episode nor an episode without the main cast

4. irthesteve

Disagree x2

5. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

The ENTIRE main cast was in the flashbacks, so idk what you're on about.

6. irthesteve

Well, only in tiny little cameos each. It was a Chidi solo episode on my eyes

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

I just don't see it as a bottle episode - those are typically set in one location with no changes as a budget saving measure, this episode was jumping all around the place in time and space

And it had less of the non-Chidi characters than usual, for sure, but when each showed up their dialogue with Chidi was fairly significant and contributed a lot to his journey in the episode. Maybe they were sidelined but I wouldn't call it an episode *without* them

8. irthesteve

ok fine, you win.

but to be fair, the whole episode technically did take place in the same room, within basically a second, soooooooooo bottle episode confirmed

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

...dam you got me

irthesteve likes this.
  10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

It was really more another example of a clip show of clips we never saw.

11. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

This was more of implanting a philosophy of Chidi's life, that we had never heard before, and connecting it through moments in the show that we have experienced, but out of context with his life philosophy previously. I.E., the story of his parents, and his epiphany that every problem has one answer, which is the source of his crippling indecision that we were familiar with.

Normally I don't like when shows come up with something later and rewrite past moments around it, but I thought this was structured nicely to lead to his new second revelation that had a lot of weight. Ideally a show would have planned this earlier on and left seeds in past episodes instead of basically making a montage to make connections like this, but all things considered it worked fairly well and Chidi is a great great character.

12. Anthony_

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I really liked the episode but honestly was I the only one who was disappointed because of the placement? Like, the last episode left on such a cliffhanger and it was very high stakes and the tone of this episode felt..underwhelming ? Due to that
    If this episode had happened not right after a cliffhanger I would have enjoyed it sooo much more. It was very sweet and nice thematically.

I also didnt know about the winter break and now I’m salty as hell!!

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

My gripe is more on the fact that this felt like a weird episode to leave on before the break. Felt like the previous one would've been better to do that with

15. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I think I would’ve been more bummed if this was the episode they came back on. It was a super necessary episode too, it really wrapped up Chidi’s growth in the most perfect way. So yeah, I’m dying to know what happens next, but im glad they didn’t come back after a month with this. Should be an exciting return episode

awakeohsleeper and supernovagirl like this.
  16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lol I feel the exact opposite!

Yeah I agree that it felt like a wrap up type episode. However I feel it would have made more sense to end on the cliffhanger of the last one? Idk

I agree that it sets up for a good mid season premiere

Justin Roux likes this.
  17. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

I think it’s just kinda unfortunate timing for the show, ya know? It’s not like they could’ve put that episode before 8 cause it wouldn’t have really made sense. If anything there shouldn’t have been a mid-season break!!

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I just wish the show wasn't taking a break tbh

19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Ending one episode on a big cliffhanger then spending the next episode on something completely different is very Lindelof-y, which makes sense considering Schur cites him as a primary influence of the show. The hiatus placement isn’t ideal but I don’t want them to re-organize the timeline they’ve already laid out for the season just to end on some big mid season cliffhanger because that’s how NBC’s scheduling shook out. Most people who watch this show are gonna watch it in the span of a couple days on Netflix in a few months anyways.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I loved the episode and I would much rather end on something emotionally satisfying that still leaves the plot on a cliffhanger, so it was pretty perfect to me. Midseason breaks are of course still terrible in general so I would rather not have one at all.

Colby Searcy and Garrett L. like this.
  21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

22. Anthony_

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  23. irthesteve

That video is so pure, lol

24. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Feel like I need to clarify that I didn't post that tweet lol