Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 54

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I liked it just fine but felt it was kinda gimmicky I guess? Obviously the show has a bajillion other zany moments but it was like they wrote it specifically to show off Janet and get her an award by carrying a whole ep. I dunno haha. Don't get me wrong she's great and probably deserves one but it just felt kinda forced.

2. Pseudo!

Regular

I feel like it was less trying to get an award for the actress and more trying to give a big moment for a character who had been mostly sidelined the first half of the season

3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

They needed a place to lay low since the demons could now come to earth; Chidi had a little breakdown over the “self” since he’s his old consciousness in a different body, and he uses that to avoid talking to Eleanor about her feelings; since they’re in Janet’s space Jason learns about their past relationship.

Idk it seems like as logical and funny of a transition as anything else in the show

incognitojones likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

D'arcy was great in the final segment of Last Week Tonight

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

yessssss

8. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

9. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

incognitojones likes this.
  10. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

[​IMG]

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

13. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

It’s a good thing. Ending on their own terms before it overstays it’s welcome. I’m happy US shows are breaking away from “do as many episodes as we are tolerated for”

14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

I think even more shows should do that still though

15. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, the show is great, but I'm happy they get to end the story on their own terms, when it makes sense. Plus extending this series past a 5th season in series like this would just get boring. At least if they kept the basic storyline.

I hope they get to flesh out the characters a bit more and perfect the formula this season however.

RyanPm40 and incognitojones like this.
  16. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

Rowan5215 and I Am Mick like this.
  17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

devastated but it's good to end it at the right time if that's what the story needs

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

A bit sad but seems right

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

get Darcy her own show

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Put a Janet in every show forever.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

[​IMG]

22. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I'm good with this. They've already gotten three excellent seasons out of a concept that originally felt like it had one. A final season to wrap things up perfectly will be great.

RyanPm40 and incognitojones like this.
  23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Contender, ChaseTx and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  24. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Good call. Season three started becoming too repetitive so hopefully they can correct the ship and end on a high note.

25. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

One of the fundamental elements of the show — erasing the memories of the main characters — was bound to limit how long the show could continue. 4 is a good number to end on