Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Good Place (NBC) TV Show • Page 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 15, 2016.

1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I felt the same way when it first came out. Then I watched an episode from season 4 and suddenly it clicked, and I’ve been hooked ever since. The episodes I didn’t like originally are all pretty much redeemed for me at this point. It’s been shockingly consistent considering how long it’s been going. I’m still not as much of a diehard for the first season or two (even if adding Devito was the perfect move) because they were still finding their voice. Much like P&R or The Office, the early stuff is a completely different tone.

2. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Besides like Rocket Power most shows wouldn't make sense with primarily outdoor shots

cybele, PatRFinley and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  3. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah maybe, I just find Charlie Day's voice and erratic personality grating, both in the show and in other things I've seen him in. I don't know if I can ever get past that.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait.... Fluorescent lighting as an example of something NOT being depressing?! It’s like the saddest lighting in the entire world. What is happening.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Aww, Charlie is the best! His delivery is one of the highlights of the show. They play up his weirdness for sure. It’s definitely a show where the insane things they say and HOW they say them are the entire draw, so hating one of the main actors would be a challenge I guess.

6. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah in real life, but on camera it brightens up the shot and adds to the tonal character of the show.

I know I'm just being contrarian at this point, but I love how bright and detailed the video is in The Office.

7. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, for real. I recently came to the realization that all the windows in my apartment are covered by trees, upstairs neighbor patio, etc... and that I get no direct sunlight inside and now it's been driving me nuts. I'm moving at the end of my lease and that's part of the reason, lol

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oooooh, I get it! This thread is the Bad Place!

alina and PatRFinley like this.
  9. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

People that don’t like friends have a grinch size heart

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Friends is trash and not funny

11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Friends is fun and easy to watch. I also first watched it all at like 17 or something, so it’s partly nostalgia.

Ross is hysterical though.

12. lati

Ross is the worst though

13. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I think he’s the funniest character.

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Cancel this thread, go home, people who don't like Friends are boring humans!

Preserved Moose likes this.
  15. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I think Friends is a fun in the background comedy but it REALLY has not aged well

CarpetElf likes this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

besides the other problems I have with Friends, I just can't watch shows with laugh tracks anymore I find them sooo irritating

CarpetElf and morgantayler like this.
  17. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s a live audience, so it didn’t bother me.

18. mad

I was right. Prestigious

live or not the laughs still bug me

CarpetElf likes this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

There's no way that was a live audience because there was never anything funny said or done on Friends.

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

[​IMG]

21. lati

I agree that it hasn’t aged well but neither did almost any sitcom in the 90s. Homophobia, sexism, and toxic masculinity show up in almost every episode.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  22. Even How I Met Your Mother aged poorly and its last season aired barely half a decade ago, but idk if it's more the poor writing that's the cause than the format.

23. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

That was the poor writing.

24. [​IMG]

supernovagirl and Dinosaurs Dish like this.
  25. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Colby Searcy likes this.